PDA

View Full Version : Project Muscle

freka01
09-08-2004, 11:52 AM
Currently working on a small project of my own. Making a buff male character that is to be a barbarian type figure. Making model in z-brush, gear in maya, rigging and skinning in maya and also lightning/rendering in Maya/mentalray.

Hands will be created in Maya due to simplicity of element managing in that particular program.
Feet will represented by leather-boots with furry collars.
Character will also be wearing a hip-cloth of leathertype with underlying underwear.
Other fitting gear may also be created along the way, such as jewelry, items and weapons.

C&C welcome.

sllink
09-08-2004, 12:56 PM
Great start, are you using a mouse or a tablet!

freka01
09-08-2004, 02:16 PM
I am using a mouse. Should probably get one soon though. I keep hearing it's easier with a tablet. Better find out for myself.

freka01
09-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Worked on a separate piece for a while and came up with this axe that will go along with my character.

MrLearner
09-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Hi freka01

Nice going. One thing that I noticed is that the upper torso seems a bit long. Maybe you could shorten it a bit, I think that would look better, but hey it could be me.

Otherwise it looks like its coming along nicely :thumbsup:

calin_casian
09-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Nice work but you should pay more attention where the pectorals meet the deltoid in the shoulder area. What's happening is because the deltoid have insertion points on collar bone and shoulder blade the pectorals goes under the deltoid rather than above it (like you did).

freka01
09-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Thx for comments. I will redo the muscles shortly as there are a number of things that needs attention in the model.
As to the torso being too long, I like it that way. Makes him look taller and meaner, like a troll. The muscles arn't at all anatomically correct, but it doesnt matter. As long as it looks good I think its ok. This is afterall the first "serious" model that I do in zbrush!
I need to redo the mesh anyway since I will do the head in Maya for correct edgelooping for animation/blendshapes. That means that I will have to tweak the model some more and then export a fairly lowpoly version for use in maya before going forward to doing the details for displacement/bump.

Not feeling too hot atm, need to eat breakfast and take a shower :P
Will post shortly with new material. Stay tuned.

/Fred

freka01
09-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Ok, did some quick tweaks on the model. Primarily redid the stomach, deltoids, arms, back and legs. What think all of ye?

Enjoy and keep posting.

/fred

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.