PDA

View Full Version : City, Laverdet (3D)

celmar
09-07-2004, 10:09 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/83140/83140_1094594951_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/83140/83140_1094594951.jpg)

Title: City
Name: Laverdet
Software: Rhino, ZBrush

hello!... something between the marvellous drawings of geof darrow,and the vision of the citry in the middle 20ties... a lot of nurbs!...

arno barbo
09-07-2004, 11:31 PM
:eek: huge modeling guy! I regret this is not textured! Waiting for...

Guillermo
09-08-2004, 12:12 AM
Outstandig!!!

Canīt wait to see this textured :thumbsup:

The only thing I see wrong is the streetlight top in the foreground... itīs like flat shaded. All the rest is amazing. Great concept ;)

Mindkontrol
09-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Very complex! I like it, Though i think i can spot a few abnormal poly's right away. Possibly just some normals you need to switch...

Danyael-Lopes
09-08-2004, 02:41 AM
geoff darrow, man its really cool.

Ecleposs
09-08-2004, 03:17 AM
great work:thumbsup:

aghill
09-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Its really nice moddeling. Especially the telephone wire-thing is nice:)

Allgthough maybe its a bit flat in the far distance, and it seems to me that theres somewhat a rotated perspective in the upper right corner, where the lines trailing down seems to stand out of the lines in the foreground.

MarcoHead
09-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Amazing modeling!

Are u planning to texture it?

MarcoHead

Awoogamuffin?
09-08-2004, 11:15 AM
I like this a lot. It makes me think a little of "Metropolis"... I love the crammed traffic jams!

Though I don't really get a sense of how high this all is. I'm guessing we're pretty high up. Maybe the texturing would help give that impression, but as it is the image feels a little flat, and I don't get a feel for the space and size of things.

Like I said, possibly the texturing would sort out that problem though...

Alistar
09-08-2004, 01:09 PM
Is it finished?
Why its all grey? No iteresting lights...

Dennik
09-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Love the style. 4 stars from me because its not textured yet. :)

TheGreat
09-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Damn! Wish I had the computer power to model something like that... let alone render it textured.

Waiting for texturing.. 4 stars!!

jsandoval
09-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Wow!! Great city and vision. Lots of interesting modelling details, just something maybe low poly in the vertical air exhaust (down right) and the main light pole (abou center). Anyway great image... Iīm waiting for textured version. Reminds me something like Metropolis and Dark City.

Mr. Glass
09-30-2004, 08:28 PM
I like this piece a lot. I especially love the end to end cars. I can understand that you wouldn't want to texture something this massive, but as an alternative, how bout you take this render, paint it up in Photoshop, and apply this tutorial http://www.3dfluff.com/cameramapping/cameramappingtut.htm (http://www.3dfluff.com/cameramapping/cameramappingtut.htm) to your scene.

celmar
09-30-2004, 09:46 PM
well, thank you for your comments!... the history of that scene has been rather sad, in fact: I was just discovering rhino, and does a lot of nurbs, adding more and more objects, without stressing at all at the weight... I've exported parts of the elements in zbrush, and translated them in z tools (zbrush format), then create that scene, but as zbrush don't allows really reflection or transparence, I just export big parts of the scene... then rhino crashed , I talked with rhino europ (barcelone), but nothing was possible to recover the lost parts; so I remain with "blocks" in zbrush, but impossible to have glass on one part and walls on one another, and some parts which was saved separately; I join a pict of that separate elements, ren,dered in flamingo... so, I goes on one another project, been very hurted by what happens on that one; in fact, I am always thinking at a way to texture it in zbrush, but on very painterly style... maybe... ps: the name of the ramaining part is "isola", of course for the name of the fictive city of Mc Bain...

Sun&Job
10-13-2004, 05:46 AM
oh,it's very beautiful model,yes ,i love it!

attila
11-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Nice modelling!

Please keep going, you should not give up the texturing project!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.