PDA

View Full Version : Creating an Urban Landscape

That Bastard Tony
09-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Hopefully I'm explaining this right.

I have a scene that I've created of a night time cityscape similar to Chicago or New York and I need to either find or create a texture that would be of a city or a large portion of a city from the perspective of a airplane or satellite at night. In other words, I need to create an image that looks similar to the grid pattern that is created from the city and building lights at night. This image would be placed onto a grid or large polygon to simulate the look of additional buildings and streets that would appear in the distance.

If no one knows of any images or tutorials out there for creating something like this, then I will create one for the masses once I've completed mine.

Thanks.

That Bastard Tony
11-04-2004, 08:23 AM
Awhile ago I posted a question regarding creating a texture that resembles city lights as seen from space. I wanted to know if anyone knew of a method for creating an image that looks like a large city at night from the view of a satellite or aircraft. I didn't find too many tutorials on this so i experimented and attempted to create my own.

Basically, this image is supposed to be a satellite view of a large urban area at night, shaped to form my logo (located at the lower-right). I'm still currently working on this so any ideas or thoughts on ways to improve this image would be appreciated. If this turns out good, I plan to create a tutorial on creating this type of texture in the near future.

http://www.anthonynelson.ws/ANCity2.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.