PDA

View Full Version : Eye setup question from XSI newb.

ub52
09-07-2004, 08:43 PM
After going through some of the tut's I figured the best way to enhance my learning XSI was to design and model a new character to animate. I created side and front view sketches of the character in PS and mapped them onto grids in XSI using the OGL transparency shader. This worked out great as I can see my reference in any viewport this way. Much better than LW for this kind of thing.

Anyway I've got the body and head modeled and want to create the eyes, and it occured to me. What's the best, or maybe I should say preferred, way of doing this in XSI. Do you guys model the eyes as separate objects beneath the base character model or create separate models for each eye? I'm primarily concerned with ease of animating them.

That also reminds me of another question. Is there a way to move or copy objects from one model to another?

Thanks.
- ub52

mr Bob
09-08-2004, 10:07 AM
eyes are modelled just like they would be in maya , max , LW . i would have a look for an free internet tutorial on the subject, theres plenty around.
i would keep each eye as a seperate object. think about putting objects in heirarchies , you can read about this subject in the manuals
good luck b

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.