PDA

View Full Version : skinnig referencend files

miczpo
09-07-2004, 04:05 PM
hello!

Im trying to bind a referenced mesh with a smooth proxy to a skeleton.
but i'm having problems with the smooth proxy... if i bind the low res mesh to the bones, the link between the low res and the hi res mesh breaks... that problem doesn't seem to happen if i import the mesh to the scene.. however i really need to reference that file, because due to project restrictions I'm forced to use references instead of imports.

i will be trully gratefull if someone could help me!

thanks in advance!

TechnicallyArtistic
09-13-2004, 09:44 AM
You could try doing a regular smooth before skinning it, keep the smooth history, open the smooth history, turn the sub divisions back down to 0, skin weight it with the low res version, then go back to the smooth history, and turn back up the sub devisions.

Not sure how that'll react exactly with the reference scenem but you can give it a shot and hopefully that does the trick.

Goon
09-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Smoothing will work even if the node is preceding the skinning node? Cool, i'll have to try that. But you can also skin and then smooth, that works as well.

Would there be any speed advantages to having the smooth node precede the skin node?

TechnicallyArtistic
09-13-2004, 09:39 PM
In my experience the real time view stuff slows dow considerably more if you smooth after. Not really sure how performace stuff like that works, but every time I've tried it everythig slows to a crawl.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.