PDA

View Full Version : Using animCurve for refelection falloff

SaucyJack
09-07-2004, 11:10 AM
HI Peeps,

I've heard of some people using an animCurve node to control the refelction in a shader to simulate , for example, a fresnel reflection. I've been using gradient ramps but would like to try this other method. Can't seem to get it working though. Looking throught the node reference i can see a number of animCurve nodes. Any ideas which one i should use and how i should connect them up?!?

Cheers in advance

anthonymcgrath
09-07-2004, 02:46 PM
here yer go mate this might help:

http://www.rethinkfx.com/tutorials/cooper.htm

SaucyJack
09-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Why a didnt nah he'd updated his site like!

I heard that there was this ninja who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the ninja killed the whole town.

These guys can and WILL flip out at any time.

TheWraith
09-07-2004, 04:37 PM
theres a maya tutorial on www.3d-palace.com (http://www.3d-palace.com) for creating a car shader and it shows how to do this.

anthonymcgrath
09-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Why a didnt nah he'd updated his site like!

I heard that there was this ninja who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the ninja killed the whole town.

These guys can and WILL flip out at any time.
My friend mark said that he saw a ninja totally uppercut some kid just for opening a window.

...god bless that site :D

anyway, did that link work ok?

SaucyJack
09-08-2004, 10:27 AM
Link contained just the info i needed. Trouble is, i've been too busy flipping out to put it all into practice.

Sweeet

anthonymcgrath
09-08-2004, 01:11 PM
most of my spare time is spent flying around, stabbing people or uppercutting them for opening doors when I'm not playing with maya :scream:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.