PDA

View Full Version : editing internal range of parameter set

laglue
09-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Hi everyone,

Do you know if it is possible to modify the range of a paramter set that already belong to an object (internal to XSI). For example, I want to limit the OGL Level (in Geometry Approximation/Polygon Mesh) to 2 so as not to be able to increase too much this parameter, but when I try to edit this parameter with the command Parameter/Edit Parameter Definition, I can change the values, but it saves nothing, and when I do Parameter/Edit Parameter Definition once again, the old values replaced mine.
Is it possible to change this??
Thanks in advance :-)

Atyss
09-07-2004, 11:42 AM
You could edit the spdl file directly and limit the range. Don't forget to save the file!
Also, if you don't want to modify the spdl, you could add a custom parameter set with the limits of your choice and proxy the geoapprox parameters to it.

Cheers
Bernard

laglue
09-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Hi Bernard

2 things.
1st: what is the name of the spdl file? I am not really a newbie, but there is still so much that I ignore... :-)
2nd: I made the proxy of this parameter, but it is not considered as an override. I mean that when you use the hotkey "+" or "-", I am still limited to level 4, and not to level 2 for instance.
If you could help me once again... :-)
thanks
PAscal

Atyss
09-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Salut Pascal,

To find out the spdl, it couldn't be easier: shift+ctrl+ right click on the text next to the black arrow on the ppg, and choose Edit from the drop-down menu that shows up. Then find the parameters for OGL display and change the max values to 2. Then save.
Btw, make a backup of the file before, in case something gets messed up).

Cheers
Bernard

Ablefish
09-08-2004, 11:55 PM
In 4.0 there's also a new Relational View for looking at the SDK or something. I didn't play with it long, but you can use it to edit spdls too. Our license server's down at the moment and I can't remember the exact name.

laglue
09-09-2004, 09:43 AM
Bernard,

Thanks a lot for all these explanations. It took me 5 min before finding what I was looking for, but it works perferctly. I also changed the value range of the polygonmesh/discontinuity/angle, but I also wanted to change its default value (60) to 180, but the command Value = 180 doesn't work. Well, it doesn't matter...

Thanks again
Pascal

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.