PDA

View Full Version : does Combustion has STROKE effect and adjust layer just like AFTER EFFECT

rogercg
09-07-2004, 08:51 AM
My project need to draw out the mask on the screen, AfterEffect has the plugin named STROKE which can do the job well. Dose anyone know if CB has the same function.

GrantKay
09-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Hi,

You can get a plug-in called 3D stroke by Trapcode that will do what you want in combustion.

Regards
Grant

DISCREET EMEA

dg
09-07-2004, 04:46 PM
You can use particles for that, just create a new particle and tweak it's parameters to leave a trail like a stroke and use this layer as a stencil and it will do the job.

Another thing that you can try is to use a text on path with loads of dots (.........) and tweak their tracking value so they form a constant line and then animate the write on value of the text to make the line grow.

Of corse that the trapcode 3D Stroke is way more flexible but it's also more expensive :)

Cheers,
dg

rogercg
09-08-2004, 04:54 AM
Thanks GrantKay and diogo girondi. I really appreciate your reply.
And now may I make the question more complicated. How can CB recognise MASK and make an outline for the mask. The mask maybe the output of chroma key. And if we dont use the Eye Candy plugin. How can we do?

dg
09-11-2004, 04:44 AM
You can try to add a Matte Control operator with Invert switch on and ajusting the Shrink value, depending on the case you will need to nest your comp.

Cheers,

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.