PDA

View Full Version : Tank tutorial troubles

jorgevaldes
09-07-2004, 04:43 AM
I'm a noob to XSI so please bare with me.... I've sent half an hour trying to duplicate the bolts along the circle, but I just can't get it to work.

I select the object, then click on the "duplicate polygons along curve" but nothig happens.

I know It must be some really silly stuff I'm overlooking( I spent an hour trying to scale the polygons to create the ledge the bolts go on, and it was as sipmle as de-selecting "cluster" ),

so anything in particular to watch out for?

What realy frustrates me is that I could have modeled the whole thing in Cinema 4D in a couple of minutes. I feel like a total idiot.

SheepFactory
09-07-2004, 04:50 AM
you can select all bolts and constrain > curve , to the circle. than in the percentage fielf enter:

L(2 , 100)

this will distribute them evenly. You can play with the numbers to get the result you want.

Hope this helps.

jorgevaldes
09-07-2004, 05:03 AM
I'll give it a try, thanks!

RFX
09-07-2004, 05:10 AM
Sorry for my noobiness, but can i have a link to that tank tut? :)

bravmm
09-07-2004, 04:38 PM
Jorge,

We all felt stupid after switching apps we've used for a long time. You're used to a certain way of doin' things, and in the new app you cannot find anything!! ;)
Don't give up, work through the tutorials and give it a go.
I'm sure you'll like it.

cheers,

rob

jorgevaldes
09-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Sorry for my noobiness, but can i have a link to that tank tut? :)
It came in the installation CDs , I think it was the documentation one but I'm not sure, If youre using the demo, I think there's a download from softimage.com. IIRC it in the same page you download the demo.

Jorge,

We all felt stupid after switching apps we've used for a long time. You're used to a certain way of doin' things, and in the new app you cannot find anything!! ;)
Don't give up, work through the tutorials and give it a go.
I'm sure you'll like it.

cheers,

rob

thanks for the encouragement, I'm sure it'll get better as I go along

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.