PDA

View Full Version : transparency bug

authentic
09-06-2004, 09:09 AM
I've made some sphere with a constant material with some tranparency (near50%). When I render the picture "normally" there is no problem. But if configure my render options into a front mode (instead of both so that the inside transpaerency of the sphere is not seen), there is a little grain in my picture despite I 'm using a constant material.

Does someone know how to solve this problem ???

seb4d
09-06-2004, 09:25 AM
I've made a quick test and I don't have this problem.
Can you post a picture of your rendered image please ?
What kind of lighting did you use ? Did you change anything else in the render options ?

authentic
09-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Ok here are 2 pictures. I have used a brightness contrast to make it more clear. When you zoom really near in the circle : you can see there are many disturbing point in front mode and sadly some also in both mode but less one.
This is use for a quality cartoon rendering style, It 's a real problem for me to have such distortion of the picture.

It's a zip file cause I can't put Tga in attachments and if I made jpg, it would be compression the problem.

_anton_
09-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Salut vincent,

Can you post your rendertree, i don't have any probleme here with a front render of that kind of stuff, and if you have special rendering setup , post it too .

cheers for the team

Anthony.

authentic
09-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Yo anton. It's been a long time...
I zip the scene to show. Actually in render settings I'm in front mode so normally if you render you got the problem...

Thanks

_anton_
09-06-2004, 08:30 PM
hi again,
sorry for the long wait, I'm not work with xsi at my new studio, (must wait I go home)

So your probleme is simple, under render setting->Active effects in the image pan, uncheck the dithering, and your flat color will never be grainy.

That's it.

Anthony.

P.S. : and check your antialiasing checking, you 're wasting render time, put the min max to -1-2 , enable jitter and lower the threshold to about 0.06-0.02.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.