View Full Version : Movie Trailer.
09-06-2004, 09:56 AM
What's up L'wavers.
I just finished my trailer and decided to post it here. Any idea and advise on how to make this come out a lot better will be highly appreciated.
Here ya go: http://www.mayhemproductions.org/
09-06-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm adding these critics in a hope to help ya out, but not to intimidate ur work, so keep an open mind
The concept of the trailer is on the right track but the animation needs to be more perfected and maybe slow down the animation in some cut scenes cos its too fast between cuts, also the motions r too synchronized.
* 00:00:12 when the girl was dreaming that she saw something scary, so she start running so the mistake there is that Africans dont run that way also make sure the head orientation is linked toword the camera so when she run the head’s header wont rotate side ways.
* 00:00:28 I don’t know I might be wrong but when u do face expression check ur Sub-D order is set to last so the morph will work smoothly.
* 00:00:30 When the guy get angry and push him off the cliff, the problem there is that the eyes dose not maintain there eye target on the victim so they keep there orientation with the head, that doesn’t look realistic. Also when he get angry pitch down his head and keep the eye targeted on the camera that makes the anger expression more real
* 00:00:31 when he pushed off the victim he should fall down but not jumping up then fall like a cartoon. usually when pushed off the cliff from the back the victim he should rotate pitch forward cos of the imbalance in midair doesn’t allow u to fall standing when pushed from the back of the shoulders.
* 00:00:33 when the guy jump off the trees and with his long fall down, he finally hit the ground, the problem there is that he haled the bag after the touchdown on the ground, normally u grab the bag before hitting the ground to ensure the safety of the bag, also when he hit the ground he didn’t ducked that hard but after that he ducked again but more closer to the ground that doesn’t make sense, maybe bouncing on the ground from a hard fall.
* 00:00:38 I didn’t understand shaking the hell of the babies maybe u want them to puke off something they eat or something but that didn’t make any sense to me.
* 00:00:47 when girl rotate to the camera with eyes of fury, it helps a lot to keep the eyes targets on the camera in between the rotation, allow the character to target the anger expression as she knew the target is behind her
* note that most of ur animation on eye targeting is missing, that important to add this prospect cos it essential. Also the sound quality is poor I recommend u keep the volum intensity balanced, and make sure u don’t have noise background.
09-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Wow! Just what I am looking for! Thanks a lot man, I have taken note of every single remark and i will have to throw my whole weight behind this. About the facial, I actually have the SUBD set to last but for some weird reason, that particular shot looks a tad rough and I have no idea why.
09-06-2004, 09:36 PM
np man glad to help. :thumbsup:
09-07-2004, 03:16 PM
I like the setting and the character models are very well done. Right off the bat I would have to say that one thing you MUST change is the audio. The dialog is blaring and popping. I could hardly listen to it. Please re-record it if possible. If you have the money, get a Mackie audio mixer and record the audio through that.
I liked the "mist" effect in alot of the shots with the female lead.
I would have to say that overall, though, the character animation feels a little stiff. For instance, instead of having a character simply turn their head, have the head dip down a bit at the middle of the turn and have the eyes close there, then open at the end of the turn. Get the book "The Animator's Survival Kit" by Richard Williams. He has alot of great pointers like that.
Overall, a good start. I am interested to see the final product. It's very refreshing to see something other than spaceships and orcs (of which, I myself am guilty of, but hey, that's what I like to animate!)
09-07-2004, 07:15 PM
More cel-shaded goodness! yay! :applause:
Yeah, I have to agree with all the crits so far. The character modelling looks great! The audio is horrendous.
Those misty shots definitely look awesome!
09-08-2004, 11:38 AM
yep good cell shading ^_^
i forgot to mention the water >_< its not moving hehe, make sure it is u can do it in da serface editor. use the envelope to give moition for the water.
09-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the input fellas. I am taking note of every single sugggestion and I will fix the audio during the weekend. Right now I am trying to do a decent transfer from tape to my system (which I thought was going to be no big deal) I think there the audio ploblem lies because when you play the tape, it is very clear without a single hiss or pop but when you transfer it to the PC, you get a lot of hiss and pop. Even Adobe Audition's noise reduction feature is of no help. Right now I am still figuring how to do a flawless transfer.
09-08-2004, 01:48 PM
if u transfer from tape to pc make sure ur not useing onboard sound card, they make too much distortions
09-08-2004, 05:29 PM
I actually got this tip from CGI Filmmaking: The creation of Ghost Warrior (great book, BTW, go buy it now if you haven't already!!!):
Record your voices inside your car!! the car is like a small silent studio that absorbs everything. AND, if there is too much noise still, well, just drive to a silent place!
Also, apply some equalizing to the sound. Right now it sounds like my computer is speaking, not the characters... :)
09-09-2004, 02:25 AM
Im very impressed with the Celshading thus far :thumbsup: Looking very good my friend. I see that there are some more guys here in the LW forums on CGTALK with some serious celshading skills. Those being Shade01, Fasty, Darkskills and a few others.
Keep up the good work, cant wait to see how this one pans out.
I still have my fingers crossed for Shade01's production as well.
10-26-2004, 01:37 PM
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.