PDA

View Full Version : Would you purchase Gnomon XSI Training?

JDex
09-06-2004, 09:45 AM
Let's hear it folks.

Gnomon>>>XSI

yog
09-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Bit of a broad question isn't it ?

If the topics are relavent and covered in enough depth, of course I would buy from them.

skullhozer
09-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Hi, this is my 1st ever post on the CGTalk forums. Anyway, I think Gnomon DVDs covering Softimage|XSI is a great idea! I'm a 3D/CG newbie atm, but from all the software packages I've tried Softimage|XSI seems to be the best. I'm still struggling with the interface a bit though...

Signal2Noise
09-06-2004, 06:51 PM
I chose the "depends on topics/reviews" option but it will also depend on some other factors as well:

-Price?
-TV playback or PC only?*
-Version of XSI covered?**

*I'd really like DVD tutorials that could be played on a television. It would be much more convenient. I do the majority of my work on a laptop so it would be real nice to be able to sit in front of the TV, laptop on the table, and DVD playing in a regular DVD player watching the tutorials on a large screen TV. Then my laptop screen real estate can be utilized just for XSI.

**It won't do me any good as a Foundation owner to see the majority of tutorials geared towards Advanced users. It would be great if the DVDs were separated out so Foundation, Essentials, and Advanced could be available as "modularized" add-on packs.

yog
09-06-2004, 08:02 PM
*I'd really like DVD tutorials that could be played on a television. It would be much more convenient. I do the majority of my work on a laptop so it would be real nice to be able to sit in front of the TV, laptop on the table, and DVD playing in a regular DVD player watching the tutorials on a large screen TV. Then my laptop screen real estate can be utilized just for XSI.
Would definately be a plus. I really like prefer watching tutorials on the telle as well. Sometimes switching from one VDU to another almost seems like a break :D

**It won't do me any good as a Foundation owner to see the majority of tutorials geared towards Advanced users. Not "geared towards Advanced users" in the sence that not geared exclusively towards users of the Advanced version of XSI. I'm sure a lot of us would like to see training material geared towards advanced users, well, intermediate level users any way :D There is always pleanty of training material for users new to 3D, but getting good quality material for us self taught bods looking to make a step up is harder to find.

pappuftp
09-06-2004, 08:14 PM
who would wan't to say no???????????????????????????????????????????????:twisted:

ChrisMoss
09-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Hi, this is my 1st ever post on the CGTalk forums. Anyway, I think Gnomon DVDs covering Softimage|XSI is a great idea! I'm a 3D/CG newbie atm, but from all the software packages I've tried Softimage|XSI seems to be the best. I'm still struggling with the interface a bit though...
Skull,

I had similar probs, but seem to have a grasp of it now, its taken me about 1 month. I was used to playin about on Maya5, but now Ive used & iM used to it, XSI roolz and is the Kind the the 3D World...

JDex
09-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Bumpity Bump

alexyork
09-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Hell yes I would!!!

I have watched a great deal of the Maya Gnomon vids over the years and I was always dead interested in them. Even though I have never once used Maya I still learnt a hell of a lot from those vids.

Alvarez is a true CG guru - if those guys had a dedicated XSI department.... well. They would sell like hot cakes for sure.

No doubt.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.