PDA

View Full Version : Environment/flowers/3d, Paulina Serrano (3D)

pau
09-06-2004, 05:33 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/55291/55291_1094448825_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/55291/55291_1094448825.jpg)

Title: Environment/flowers/3d
Name: Paulina Serrano
Software: 3ds max

this is a 3d environment i did in 3d just for fun...
i want this to be photo real...so any good advice to get better results is welcome...thanx!

Ecleposs
09-06-2004, 07:05 AM
great light:thumbsup:

well...i think you need to work on the flowers alittle pit ..its kinda fake..specialy those three in te back

EdHarriss
09-06-2004, 02:30 PM
- I like it too
- The area where the stairs and the wall meet seem a little too perfect
- The side of the stair on the right seems too sharp too
- The flowers look good, but the ones in the back look like paper
- The leaves seem a little too saturated
- Overall the image is great though, nice shafts of light

varma
09-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Beautiful work and great atmosphere! I can almost smell the
flowers from here! :thumbsup:

maxrelics
09-06-2004, 04:09 PM
wire please. Looks great tho. At first I thought it was done in photoshop. I like the lighting a lot.

DiNKArt
09-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Come on guys I thought we have been through this before. No post that say "frontpage?" or similer things. If you don't like it then give some advice.

I think it is a really good scene I really like your lighting. It gives it a nice soft feel. I also like the steps espically around the corners. The bumpness gives the steps a nice touch.

Great job.

Dutchman
09-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Really cool stuff! Really photoreal! The lighting is awesome!

Could you explain it a bit; is it rendered in Scanline renderer?! And how have you made such cool lighting?! All info is welcome to me ;)

Congrats with the frontpage BTW!

DarkLimit
09-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Paulina Serrano - Great scene I like the simple feel to it..... great lighting effects.... it's nice to see a simple yet effective scene make the front page.....

keep up the good work....

Youth
09-06-2004, 05:15 PM
I said nothing... http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/aarggggghhhh.gif

Frenkie
09-06-2004, 06:09 PM
Hey youth why are you so cruel? :)
I do like this picture, however, the upper flowers are really not-so-real, but a little work with transluciency and it'll be ok.

kiwi123
09-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Does the moderators lost their taste? http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/hmm.gif

The flowers look like plastic, they don't look like real flowers at all.
They're in the middle of the composition, so try to give them some realistic, nature like tuch.
A bit more bending, more variation might help.
And I think you should reduce the color bleeding around the flowers, gives the image a clear cg-made mark.
I think it is a nice picture, something different from cd players on wooden tables. :twisted:

Aldaryn
09-06-2004, 06:28 PM
I'm in no position to judge the decision of the moderators, to tell if this is a fronpage work, so I'll will not.

Not the best frontpage artwork I've ever seen here, but it sure is a nice image, with a good athmosphere. I think the others are right about the flowers, they should be more lifelike, they are in the image focus. The bigger flowers could use some noise, variation, and the smaller, denser ones have too dark inner shadows. This forms a plastic look, which is well exaggerated by the waxy leaves. Tweak those textures a little bit, its all in the details.
The walls could also use some more detail, splotches, sratches, dust here and there, maybe a bug climing up the wall, etc... A small, hardly visible volume light like effect with a bit of noise might also add more depth to the image.
I'm sad to see, that my latest post didn't made it to the frontpage, but I won't vote bad just becouse but I like this image, and so, I'll rated it 4 stars, because IMO it deserws it.

And sorry, for my english and typin' I was quite in a hurry. ;)

A.

P.S.: If you don't like this image, and give a bad vote, please, post why you have voted that way. Don't lower someones rating just becouse you're jealous and envy someones success. If you're not that good, admit it, and try to improve your skills. CGtalk was once a respectful community, don't spoil others fun. Thank you.

Youth
09-06-2004, 06:39 PM
OK! Sorry!
I'm a little bit nervous... http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/shrug.gif I apologize to Pau and moderators. http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

bike
09-06-2004, 07:12 PM
i don't know if i can really give any suggestions that haven't already been mentioned, but i really like this. both the lighting and atmosphere are great. i think the composition works really well. the 3 flowers in the back bother me the most, basically because there is not enough variation in them. the area on the right where the stair meets the wall looks really odd because it's such a fine line. the stairs also don't look wide enough... but that could just be me. :)

pau
09-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Hi all

Thanx to the moderators for concider my scene as a front page work, I can´t judge if deservs it or not, but I did my best. I try to made a good 3D scene with nice light and I think I make it.

Anyway thanx everybody for your coments and critics I´m going to take the advices for make a better job.

Thanx

saturen3
09-06-2004, 09:16 PM
GRASIAS

muy bien.......it`s realy nice and colors are good.

Saeed
09-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Very nice :applause: welldone :thumbsup:
just i think you must use some SSS for flowers.

zuliban
09-06-2004, 10:17 PM
nice work !!! / bien chida pau

in your sofa
09-06-2004, 10:52 PM
In the words of Barney the purple dinosaur: "Super Duper!!"

Sue3d
09-07-2004, 02:56 AM
lol @ in your sofa :)

I like it, it's a nice scene. Maybe you could also add a little bit of specularity to those flowers. I'm looking forward to seeing the new, improved version. :)

phoenix
09-07-2004, 05:09 AM
very peaceful and nice excellent work

RAMS
09-07-2004, 07:57 AM
Que Tal Pau Me Gusta Tu Render La Iluminacion Es Buena,tu Dicrecion De Correo?

Mexicali B.c Mexico

Profane
09-07-2004, 10:41 AM
hola chica!me gusta mucho tu render!
I Like the lighting set up a lot,it gives a nice feeling to the scene....
hasta luego!

fluxcapacitor
09-07-2004, 10:43 AM
ok first i must state that this is a multi purpose comment... i just signed up with cg so i'm new ...bie, anyway i'm really impressed with the detail of the post, blown back for sure. I have a question though (unrelated in any way) how do you post? anyone who can answer this i may just be there friend forever. I'm sorry that i posted a question with my comment but it had to be done. Thanks you

francescaluce
09-07-2004, 11:16 AM
the vase and the flowers are overexposed.. also the modelling in this kind of picture should be really minimal and more take care of.. it lacks the intent in my opinion... but still remains a nice picture. :)

ciao
francesca

gherrera
09-07-2004, 01:08 PM
¡Great job! :thumbsup:

Bonita imagen :thumbsup: , sobre las criticas de sí le falta ó no realismo creo que es un error juzgar un trabajo unicamente por su grado de realismo en este render has logrado una composición y una atmosfera muy buena, no tiene por que ser realista .

Un saludo y felicidades nuevamente

AAHHGG sí alguien puede traducir eso al inglés sería fantastico :cry:

pau
09-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Hy guys.
Thanx everybody for the coments and suggestions
I just add my e-mail adress to my signature ok:)

Profane
09-07-2004, 06:56 PM
¡Great job! :thumbsup:

Bonita imagen :thumbsup: , sobre las criticas de sí le falta ó no realismo creo que es un error juzgar un trabajo unicamente por su grado de realismo en este render has logrado una composición y una atmosfera muy buena, no tiene por que ser realista .

Un saludo y felicidades nuevamente

AAHHGG sí alguien puede traducir eso al inglés sería fantastico :cry: translation:

Beautiful image!referring to the posts above,I believe that an image shouldn't be judge by the realism that comes with,afterall she achieved a nice result even without a hig level of realism,you know a nice atmsphere and a nice composition,
good bye and still congratulation

..sorry for the quick and approximate translation

gherrera
09-08-2004, 12:33 AM
Ok, thanks for the translation Profane :)

look
09-08-2004, 02:40 AM
The works is very very beautiful ! I like it!!

send2raj
09-08-2004, 04:13 AM
EXCELLENT WORK:thumbsup: ..........i like the lighting :bounce: :bounce:

momotea
09-08-2004, 06:23 AM
:applause: 不错啊~~~~~~好棒的静物~~

U must been uesd more idea~~

Profane
09-08-2004, 07:23 AM
ha sido un placer
:)

xiaoyi
09-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Full of poetic art object:thumbsup:

mmiller
10-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Pau
Nice image
No, it's not exactly "photo-real"
But, it works very well on it's own level.

IMHO - photorealism is overated
we have cameras to do that :)

DavCole
10-15-2004, 09:51 PM
It seems to be photo realistic while at the same time it grabs me as fine art. I didn't think that was possible.

Thanks,
David

Horsea9788
11-03-2004, 01:14 AM
Nice work! i like it! :)

attila
11-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Good work!

Virtuoso
01-25-2005, 08:55 AM
Beautiful,a very photoreal picture.Love the light,Great piece of art Paulina,you should be very proud,I am happy to have found your art.........:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

crbinu
04-12-2005, 03:22 PM
great work.......the atmosphere brings out a cool effect

pau
04-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi crbinu.

Thanks a lot for your coments.
:)

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2005, 03:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.