PDA

View Full Version : More information on Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Leonard
09-06-2004, 05:31 AM
Gamespot.com has the info here:

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/finalfantasyviiadventchildren/preview_6106721.html)

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/920785_20040715_screen005.jpg

peanuckle
09-06-2004, 05:37 AM
I am looking forward to this movie. I dont think it will break any ground on the story. The visuals look very good though.

pea~

neoCore
09-06-2004, 08:41 AM
I think the story of this movie will be groundbreaking if it follows up to the previous FF7. Final Fantasy 7 is the best game in the Final Fantasy series with the strongest storyline.

The CG part in this movie looks amazing for sure, I wonder what kind of tools Squaresoft uses for their CG productions :)

EDIT : Hm, is this about a new game for the PSP or the movie ? :D

little_nicky
09-06-2004, 01:35 PM
There will be a Movie and a Movie for the PSP as well :)

It looks like the Japanese version is available and the English version will be available early 2k5
:(

I don't know if it's just me but I think I will like Advent Children alot more than Spirits Within. Spirits Within was to "real". The surreal look of Advent children is just...hmmm i dont know, better? :)

what do you guys think?

teknotek83
09-06-2004, 03:23 PM
the japanese version is NOT available, yet. the team is still work extremely hard on completing some scenes. I'd recommend reading 1up.com's report. Gamespot's has some inaccuracies

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3134435&did=1

minus23
09-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Cloud now runs a courier service, Stryfe Delivery Service, and lives a quiet and uneventful life with children who were orphaned in the final battle with Sephiroth.

That is strange... concidering at the end of the battle with Sephiroth Cloud had enough money to buy a 300,000 Gill home...and buy everything every shop keeper had for sale on the entire planet. ;)

CENOBITE
09-07-2004, 06:33 AM
And a review can be found here...

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Impressions from the Venice Film Festival screening.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3134435

As for us, Advent Children blew us away, even though we sort of knew what we were in for when we saw a brief trailer at this past May's E3 in Los Angeles. The image quality is top notch, and it's clear that Square's top creative minds (including scenario writer, Kazushige Nojima, and art director, Yusuke Naora, along with Nomura and Uematsu) are firing on all cylinders as evidenced by the movie's excellent pacing, flair for the dramatic, and stylish execution.

teknotek83
09-07-2004, 02:33 PM
that's the same page i linked too :sad:

kex
09-07-2004, 04:47 PM
this is the movie that the spirits within should of been, the trailers were cloud flys on his motorcycle and keeps on atacking.

the great thing is if your a real fan is that i think advent children has the same director that did the original game , (am i right?)

teknotek83
09-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Advent Children's director, Tetsuya Nomura, is the person responsible for monster designs in FF6, character designs for FF7,8,10,X-2, Kingdom Hearts series, The Bouncer, Parasite Eve 1 and 2, and also serves as the director for the Kingdom Hearts games. He was not the director for Final Fantasy 7

kex
09-07-2004, 06:28 PM
thanx for the info , atleast its a person thats been with fanchise for a long time and knows whats hes doing :)

erilaz
09-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Advent Children's director, Tetsuya Nomura, is the person responsible for monster designs in FF6, character designs for FF7,8,10,X-2, Kingdom Hearts series, The Bouncer, Parasite Eve 1 and 2, and also serves as the director for the Kingdom Hearts games. He was not the director for Final Fantasy 7 Yoshitaka Amano does the character designs for the FF series, and Testuya Nomura designed the final concepts based on Amano's designs for 7 through to X-2. (Don't want to be picky, but I thought Amano shouldn't go without mention). :D

Amano and Nomura ROCK! :buttrock:

HapZungLam
09-08-2004, 12:34 AM
still haven't mention the release date. What's up with them , why dont' they announce.

frilansspion
09-08-2004, 09:08 AM
erilaz: how come nomura is credited for character design on 7,8, X and X-2 then? he also talks about the character design on X on the bonus disc. I know amano did >6 + 9 but other than that he only does concept art for all I know.

the cg director from square said they use only maya, when he was here and talked at our school. maybe thats just the FF team

cREATURE hARMONY
09-08-2004, 08:49 PM
humm, i went to the Final Fantasy symphony concert at the disney concert in los angeles and at the end, after showing brief clips of Advent Children, they said some of the work was done in maya, but for the most part, everything is done on in house created software.

creative destructions
09-09-2004, 01:26 AM
I have the hi-res trailer. Anyone have any webspace for me to upload to?

erilaz
09-09-2004, 01:38 AM
erilaz: how come nomura is credited for character design on 7,8, X and X-2 then? he also talks about the character design on X on the bonus disc. I know amano did >6 + 9 but other than that he only does concept art for all I know.

As far as I can tell, for every Final Fantasy game Amano is brought in to do the initial concepts and design. Then the characters are fleshed out and stylised by other designers (in this case, Nomura). It's similar to how Nobuo Uematsu is brought in as an intial consultant and joint composer for the music in more recent FF works. Advent Children I beleive is the first FF project to be entirely covered by Nomura. You'll find that most of Amano's concepts are in every FF artbook right up to number 11. Nomura is indeed responsible for the final look and feel of the characters in recent games, but from the artworks, they all seem to be based off Amano's intial concepts.

I'm a huge fan of both Amano and Nomura. Both their works are splayed across my walls.:D

mawashi
09-09-2004, 02:39 AM
I think it's as Erilaz said, although I'm not too sure. Amano designs the early concepts and Nomura finalized them :)

I personally prefer Nomura's drawing style, tho. Amano's style is er... too artsy(?).

Final Fantasy 7 was my first FF series, so it made some good memories in my gaming history. I'm really looking forward for this movie because this one is entirely Squaresoft (or Square-Enix now), not influenced by hollywood marketing strategy.

erilaz
09-09-2004, 04:51 AM
I

I personally prefer Nomura's drawing style, tho. Amano's style is er... too artsy(?).

I love both. I went to an Amano exhibition earlier this year in Akihabara and if I'd had the money would have bought a recent work of his on Tidus and Yuna. Spectacular.

Amano's style is odd (and in many cases quite androgynous), but his imaginiative flair and attention to detail are astounding. Nomura is definately the designer of cool. :D

frilansspion
09-09-2004, 07:36 AM
erilaz<<< hhmmm. well, I guess that sounds believable too. =) although I suspect that nomura guy of changing quite a lot, in the end the results doesnt remind much of amano. Which I dont think is very smart - Amano has, I think, a lot more personal style and sense of what goes together. (ergo I like amano a lot (havent gone to any exhibitions tho =() but not nomura =) )

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.