PDA

View Full Version : August - 10 SecClub

MrSolo
09-06-2004, 06:04 AM
Hi,

I did this animation to August 10SecClub. That was my first attempt there... I liked and I want to try it again.

Any comments and critics are really wellcome to my next tries!

Thks a lot!

http://www.mrsolo.com/galeria/MRS_10sec_Aug.mpg (MPEG - 1,4MB)

Sorry about teh bad english!

Marcelo Ortiz.

DaddyMack
09-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Hi MrSolo, I liked the premise (sunken car) but I think it really limited the characters range of movement. Nice work tho.

BTW Thanks for creating Guernica. I've had it for awhile and have passed it on to many of my trditionally trained artist friends, all of whom agree that it's a touching piece.

GameFace
09-08-2004, 12:00 AM
I wouldnt agree that limiting the range of motion is a bad thing. Every bit of animation we do in with a situation and or within an specific environment is the reast why we animate. We come to obstacles within characters and objects around us. Thats what i think makes animation so fun. Its the how much you push the limits our the surrounds/characters given to you. I think his senario is prettya good setup what i think he could have done is push the animation more. People love contacts. a piece of business between character and surroundings. If he had put his hand on the steering wheel moved it a bit sliding in the seat a lil bi more liek she slides away from. I think he needs a more exaggeratd reaction when she gets angry at him and puts his finger in his face. More contact with him and the window behind his head like he is pressed into a corner. Also her end I think the end the hand reaction to the "out wit you" could have come a lil bit more sooner and more abrupt not so soft. but thats just what i think great work.

-ruel

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.