PDA

View Full Version : Farscape Type Char - WIP

bodyrott
02-04-2002, 06:31 AM
http://www.planetquake.com/skinsmith/temp/dmpimp01.jpg

Made to look as though he's from the TV series Farscape. Perhaps a Peacekeeper.

the plan is to tweak him some more based on crits. Texture him then lower the polycount and put him in q3 most likely.

(...)
02-04-2002, 01:41 PM
Made to look as though he's from the TV series Farscape. Perhaps a Peacekeeper.

Cool, just a couple of comments....

- Farscape peacekeepers never wear orange. It's always black with red piping.

- You might want to consider getting rid of a few of the vertices on places that don't need a lot of detail (e.g. the back of the head, the nose etc, plus you can texture-on fingers rather than model them). 2888 triangles is a lot for any game system.

NightFox
02-04-2002, 02:48 PM
Looking go even if there are some color oddities. :-)

But that center shot of the guy looks like he's bow-legged below the knees. I know, because I'm a bow-legged Texan.. YEEEHAWW! err *Cough* I'm sure that can be easily fixed.

What I've found really interesting to try is start off with the character at a really low polycount.. like 1000.. then texture him... then add more geometry. It's very nice to have all the UVW coords preset from the first model and then you just cut and move around the new verticies like they're already textured. Just that when you make the cuts, you gotta know what you're going to move, or the texture will distort and you'll have to edit the UVW's.

:D

Just throwing in my tidbit.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.