PDA

View Full Version : joint pinning in XSI a la MB/Animanium

tredeger
09-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Does XSI have any kind of joint pinning capability along the lines of that found in Motion Builder or Animanium? To what degree is this implemented and along what lines? If it doesn't support this easily, is anyone using a rigging hack to emulate the behavior or have ideas as to how one might begin coding this up using XSI's current capabilities?

cheers,
Jazz

wmendez
09-04-2004, 05:24 PM
I am not familiar with the other softwares that you mentioned but XSI has a Pin Constraint option. Constrain > Pin Object into Position.

pappuftp
09-04-2004, 05:41 PM
that functionality has long been the desire amongst animators.. a free form ik fk seamless no slider rig .. any part can be rotated pinned etc.. animanium has that I know.. MB I never seen..
Mirai had that functionality if I am not mistaken.

Surprsingly the big three never bothered to use that..

SheepFactory
09-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Having tried animating with animanium I can see why the big 3 never bothered.

pappuftp
09-05-2004, 06:11 AM
maybe the problem lies in the implementation and not the Idea?
Animanium-when u see the demoing guy in action its looks pretty easy..no?

softwares work best when they give true power into the hand of the artist.. we don't need to be forced into doing things a certain way because x-software uses only that certain way.. for all of their progress.. softwares have a long way to go before they really become artist friendly .

maybe animanium looks crude.. certainly I found grappling with flying limbs when I was animating in it.. But I could see the potential.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.