PDA

View Full Version : Machineflesh Runner-Up, Jeff REY (2D)

Luter
09-03-2004, 06:52 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/82820/82820_1094194366_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/82820/82820_1094194366.jpg)

Title: Machineflesh Runner-Up
Name: Jeff REY
Software:

This image was entered for the Machineflesh Challenge. You can see the full entry here (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/machineflesh/entry.php?challenger=3520).

jody
09-03-2004, 11:32 AM
great job!!!:applause:

olijosman
09-03-2004, 01:40 PM
I do not have words...impressive it is not enough! it looks like 3d!Awe accomplishment with an extraordinary design:thumbsup:

Masuhito
09-04-2004, 02:00 PM
I am so amazed by the detail. :applause: I'm left speechless.

Luter
09-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Thank you Jody ! I can't see your site...maybe my machine is tired...

Olijosman : Man ! I've seen your work...it's me who have no words...your paintings are absolutly "magnifiques"...It's really a very good quality work, it seems I'm not the lonely one to think that, right ? Your site is in my favs now...

Masuhito : Thank's a lot. Yes I had a fun job with all those little pieces, it was the way of this work...details. The theme was inspirating.

momotea
09-06-2004, 09:20 AM
:eek: hehe~~~~my god
真的好厉害啊~!!!!expect more~

HammerEcho
09-06-2004, 02:27 PM
This is fabulous. such a kool concept that this creature/thing has to be "driven" and that it takes five little gnomeish guys to do it! teamwork to the max. I wonder if the beast was created that way, or modified. my only crit would be that the weight is off in the feet, i think you're going for mid-stride, but it looks more like he's way off balance...the skull hands are tight. color and lighting r awesome. great work.

chainjane
09-08-2004, 02:38 AM
Great work.

turtle-rn
09-08-2004, 01:36 PM
The details are insane! and those five little creatures are exquisite :D the photographic (?) background doesn't really work for me though.

Squibbit
09-08-2004, 03:25 PM
eeeek ! a monster !

SaggioFilosofo
09-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Fantastic!

djstumpy
09-10-2004, 06:10 PM
GREAT design ! - I love the little dudes ... - they are so fun hah! I don't think he is supposed to be mid-stride - I think he is supposed to look a little unbalanced? As if the little guys are having a bit of trouble controlling the beast right ? -

Fantastic concept,
Chris.

SebastianPatric
09-17-2004, 05:32 AM
Your painting has great colors and I can appreciate the ammount of work that must have gone into it. The only awkward thing is the pose of the creature, it seems to be leaning to far beyond its center of gravity. Is it falling? If it's not, then the character's pose is wrong. But I can hardly complain about such a great piece.

Tranchefeux
09-17-2004, 08:10 AM
Hello, it is really terrible this images, all my respect, I adore the
anatomy and you controls.... Without any doubt I classify it 1ere for
still contributes good continuation... cheer!!!

www.tranchefeux.com

Salut, elle est vraiment terrible cette images, tout mon respect, j'adore l'anatomie et tu maîtrises....
Sans aucun doute je la classe 1ere pour le concourt bonne continuation...
encore bravo!!!

www.tranchefeux.com

Luter
09-17-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi all !

HamerEcho : If I correctly understand what you mean (english....arh), yes the beast was created to be driven like that. thx for your crits .( what's mid-stride ..? arhh.)

Roger Nguyen : thx ! I wish I could have more time for the BG..but arh...I made the max to finish it in the time (very fast in fact) and I'm agree, I could work on it a little more.

Hello Squibbit !! Where are you my friend, dimension 5, 6 ....? :) I hope you're enjoying your life-work..

djstumpy : ah ok ! I understand ! yep, you'r right ! The beast is really difficult to drive, always going right-left like a drunky-car..But it's very powerfull, so the pumpkins have a lot of troubles to control it..Thx for your understanding ! :) :)

Jumbo_Spaceman : thx, and yes the beast, as I mentionned before is like a drunk-man but with a lot of power, always falling on the side or beyond...very difficult to drive. But I didn't wanted to boost this effect, just doing an unbalanced motion...

Merci Tranchefeux ! Les bons mots font toujours plaisir !

See you guys and thx for the interest.

SpaceTik
09-18-2004, 07:02 PM
Simply stunning work my friend!! I am again inspired to try something different..

:thumbsup:

HammerEcho
09-23-2004, 08:39 PM
all right, understood that the beast is off-balance becasue it "drives" like a drunk. in that case, very nicely posed. he/it does look about to fall right over and i hope the left-foot driver reacts pretty quick!

noelt
10-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Hi, i'm late to view this stuff, you can draw very well, i wanted to find out how you were drawing the first pictures( the female and male) was that in the software (painter photoshop). How old are you? My comment on the piece is you should have found a more graceful way of showing the control issue with the creature because the balance thing is/was kinda in your face. The work in progress format actually is like getting art lessons (for me) great work. First (early) drawings were very very good too.

Luter
10-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Thank's SpaceTik and HammerEcho.:)

Noelt : Yes I draw it in Painter. About the balance of the beast, I didn't wanted to "boost" too much the balancing...just showing it a little bit, instead of focusing attention on. I think it's more efficient like that, maybe I'm wrong. Thank's for your comments on the WIP...in fact, in that case, I didn't follow any specific clear direction. I only worked this piece with intuition and I really don't know if it can be seen as a good example of "art" lesson...but anyway, that's kind words.:)

Geese Howard
10-18-2004, 09:44 PM
I won't bother discussing the "off balance" thing cause i really do'nt think it deserves so much talktime...
But the art is incredible, and the concept I have never seen before so to me, it's totally original. I love the color scheme and all the tiny little details put into the anatomy and the "tech". I think an artpiece reallly comes out when it can strike a "feeling" into the viewer and i'll tell ya, this to me was damn horrifying. Just looking at the mask this guy has to wear makes me feel his pain and suffering but add on the fact that he can't even control his own body but is instead commandeered by some annoying looking gnomes....I'd rather suicide if i was in his shoes....all those wires/tubes comin outta him, ouch :twisted:. Totally well done!

ps: im' just curious, i'm taking it that the guy is actually a Minotaur right? otherwise that's even more gross, looks kinda like they chopped off his feet and replaced it with mechanical hooves...

lapinstudios
10-26-2004, 05:45 AM
holy crap, the detail is overwhelming! :applause:

Common Terry
11-10-2004, 12:58 AM
Woah!Wow incredible! Good thing he has all those little demons stearing him and his parts. Some demon is gonna catch hell if he gets one of those hoses tangled up. Amazing amount of though was put into creating this monster. Very impressive! Well drawn and painted.

Luter
11-24-2004, 12:11 AM
Thank's a lot for the feedback guys !:)

jdsb
12-12-2004, 10:41 PM
incredible work,inspiring details.thanks for posting :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.