PDA

View Full Version : interior

suunnn
09-02-2004, 06:33 PM
working on the inerior for the last two weeks but still feel not that good. I need the help of you guys so pls critique, critique and critique......

I am using maya6.0, mental ray...

thx so much

best regards
sun

http://www.sunyiu.com/gallery/interior1.jpg

narby
09-02-2004, 09:59 PM
I think the form isn't bad, personally I think the couch facing the camera little more would be nice, but that is more personal preference.

The textures feel a little too clean, especially the plant pot and the rear of the couch. Add some wear and tear, turn down the sheen a little. Right now it's a tad too plasticy.

I also think the sky image isn't really fitting. It feels very staged and not very natural. Perhaps a nice city scape or distant ocean would be more fitting for the location.

Looking good, I anticipate more images :)

Rhid1en
09-03-2004, 06:03 PM
it's looking good so far.. I definately agree about changing the outside pict, looks very unnatural. I also agree about making it a little dirtier, even if it's just some scuffed up spec maps. Right now, it's all to perfect. You should also experiment with making your outside lighting source more dramatic, if you're going to keep the scene and composition so simple. Even if the reflection is faked in the tv screen, try making it more interesting. I'm guessing the couch is leather, add more bump to it, it looks overly smooth. I'd also try making the pot thinner, at least in outside edges of the object, even if it's from a real life model

iuri
09-03-2004, 08:08 PM
IMO need more light! for else is Good! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

KrazNickT
09-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Really cool picture. just a couple of crits. It might be nice to see light coming through the slits in the window shade on the right (just a little bit). I think it would help to balace the image! also think more about color in your lights different times of day have different color to the light.

Great work man!

Victorian
09-04-2004, 03:20 PM
1) toss render whatever rey, your lighting sucks because youre not hitting your total darks. I would suggest squinting as if youre in lifedrawing

you will find your darkest darks underneath the furniture and in the total complete corners of the walls. speaking of that, it seems that some of your middles are not there either

2) plants looks uuber fake

3) floor WAY too shiny, dangerous to talk on put a 'washed floor' yello sign on

4) widocean??????? wheres dat ocean dawg??? youre doing something sooooo wrong that i cant suggest ANYTHING other then to paint the bg plate over

5) watch the specular checkboxes on your light settings, umm turn off all but like 2

~proportions are awesome. did you measure by hand? or use schizmatics?

MrLearner
09-11-2004, 07:36 PM
For me the scene suffers most from the "doll house syndrome", as many other scenes like this. I think it's because its lacking details in the surface of the furniture/props. Either more detail in the model, like edges and creases, or bumpmaps...

nullUser
09-13-2004, 11:40 AM
my crits...

-i don't like the lighting. i like interior scenes to be lit with at least some interior light, only using the ambient light from outside makes it look dull.

-the first thing that grabbed me was the lights in the cieling - they look oversized. maybe they are in real life, but as they take a generous portion of the image i found them a distraction.

-the environment outside the window make this appartment look like it is floating in the sky. gives the image a bit of a disjointed feeling, like the whole thing isn't exactly where it should be.

-the shaders. i like the floor on the left, it has some nice things going on, but there are some problems there - looks as if its glowing, or the shader on the door by that patch of floor is too reflective.

-are the curtains made from concrete?

-the house doesn't look lived in. How about adding a side-tabel with a newspaper, an overturned toy car or something else random that you may find in the house.

Hope this all didn't sound harsh. It certainly has potential... I think if a good TD satt down in front of this for 2 hours they could make it look damn fine.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.