PDA

View Full Version : head wip

adamdaly
09-02-2004, 06:15 PM
hi, tell me what you think, any c&c welcome. i'm going to get started on the ears soon.

thanks

adam daly

http://www.btinternet.com/~adamdaly/Head.jpg

adamdaly
09-02-2004, 06:16 PM
wires, again any c and c welcome

thanks

adam dalyhttp://www.btinternet.com/~adamdaly/head2.jpg

Tempest811
09-02-2004, 09:15 PM
the sideview looks good but i think what is making this guy look weird is the fact that the eye sockets are way too defined at the sides of the eye. you almost can't even see the bone on a real face.
also, i think his forehead is a bit too square.

justicart
09-11-2004, 10:07 PM
bringing the outside corners of the eye back so you can see kind of a triangle of the eye on the profile would help. did that make sense?

AddictionJunkie
09-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Hmm.. I think it's a good start, however, I find that the cheek bones are a little to protruding.. or it may be that under the cheek bones there's too big of an indent. Which makes it seems that his is getting bigger.

His eyes also seems a little too big for his head. Unless this is supposed to be more cartoon like.

Hopefully that helps.

Addiction Junkie.

nullUser
09-13-2004, 12:48 PM
hmm.

first thought....

the orthographic views look okay. i'm guessing you modellled mostly from these views. you should make a habbit of using the perspective view a bit more and constantly reviewing everything from different angles.

I'd agree with starting over.

maybe do a real real low detail model of the whole head first and make sure the proportions are real good, then keep this in a reffence layer and constantly compare to it.

good luck!

nullUser
09-13-2004, 12:54 PM
...getting other people to look at stuff all the time is great. i hate it myself because people say to me "that looks crap, do it again, what the **** were you thinking..." and so on, but it sure is better to get that advice early on and laugh it off, and get it right then getting intrenched in a bad model, trying to save it in the last day by pushing and pulling vertexes around endlessly, while growing slowly insane...

yeah. believe me that really does suck.

really.

Hamburger
09-13-2004, 01:08 PM
It looks great from the side view, but there's something unusual about where his features are placed. Are you using reference pics? If not I'd suggest you put one in there and move your characters features around to match it up. Good start though, it's a better head model than I've ever done!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.