PDA

View Full Version : custom shaders : refraction/reflection

eddgarpv
09-02-2004, 06:07 PM
Hi all.. I'm using maya 5.01 and I'm having fun with a scene.
It's a glass object (a glass vase) and a diffuse object as gound. I'm using dielectric for the glass and also dgs for the ground. Everything looks ok (GI/FG) even with some diffuse objects inside my vase.

as i wanted to make separated passes for the objects and the background, I turned off primary visibility for the ground. I know the alpha isn't working correctly (unless you check export with shading engine and opaque in the SG node of your maya shader). This won't give you a semi-transparent surface, only a solid alpha (just a matte =/ ). The funniest part was those diffuse objects inside the vase : visibility was animated (yeah, prune visible parts) but still visible in refractions/reflections :) and this is not animatable. Let's add deformations now (flare/bend). If i render one frame looks ok (deformation only) but rendering the whole sequence fails to compute deformations.

I've turned on/off/on export deformation (performance in render globals) ,export exact hierarchy and seems like now deformation is rendering (alpha channel shows fantastic rectangle-shaped holes). In another thread I read about scanline and checking raytrace
but nothing changes.

This is really weird and I wonder if someone else has seen something like this.

eddgarpv
09-02-2004, 08:22 PM
bah!
nevermind. I'll write my own.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.