PDA

View Full Version : Aborted batch render

Ultrop
09-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Hi,

I just started playing with MAYA and I have to use it on someone elses machine. I have run into the problem of aborted batch renders several times. Either due to disk space or because my friend needs to use his machine.

My problem is that the partially rendered file can not be played back.

Two questions:

1. Can one restart the render where it left of and append to the original AVI temp file?
2. Can one somehow make the partial AVI temp file playable?

I find it hard to believe that neither is possible. This is a profesional package and time lost like this could be fatal to a profesional.

Thank You.

lyndon
09-02-2004, 06:20 PM
If I were you I'd render out the animation as a sequence of still frames, say TGAs.

Then you can stop the rendering at any point and just carry on from where you left off. Once you have all of your frames you can export them out from your video editing package as an avi.

Plus you will most likely want to do some kind of post-producion anyway...

Soyseitan
09-02-2004, 09:42 PM
If still crashes while batchrendering, rendering from the command line might do the trick. Some useful info about it :
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=163392

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.