PDA

View Full Version : Tiling Action...pattern.

stallion151
09-02-2004, 07:35 AM
Hey everyone.

Got a small problem, I want to make a few tileable textures, and want to speed through the process through actions.
What I have is one 128x128 brick texture and one 512x512 canvas.
I want to edit my 128x128 brick texture and have the tiled 512x512 canvas update with the changes to see where my errors are.

What i've done so far is define pattern for the 128x128 bricks, but the pattern doesn't override itself, it just creates another one. So it does update but using the first defined pattern while continuely writing more.

If you know of an action that is of any help or how to edit the actions output list to pick the right one please let me know.

Thankyou

Drumwhore
09-02-2004, 09:37 PM
If I understood well, here (http://users.skynet.be/am272566/tile.atn) is what you need :)
(when it prompts to open a file, you must select the 128x128 file, flattened)
I made it with photoshop 7.

hope this helps!

stallion151
09-03-2004, 12:07 AM
thats exactly what i was after. But i too an hour after i posted it decided not to use patterns and instead, like you did, just copy/paste/move into a new document.

Difference with mine is that i have one 512 document open and then just press F12 and it copies into the existing one. also have a few less steps.
but that was pretty on track with what i ended up doing. Thanks for the action though.

by the way do you know how to override an action instead of always creating a new one with the same name?

Drumwhore
09-03-2004, 09:34 AM
er.. not sure what you mean by overriding an action..?

stallion151
09-05-2004, 06:07 AM
well for example in the action i create i tell it to define a pattern.

what happens is that everytime i use the action, the pattern gets the same name from when i first created the action. So if i define pattern A, then run the script again, it creates A again but another version of the same name. Hence multiple copies. I would like to override the original or something like that. But it doesn't matter now, because i made a workaround for it.

but if you know what i mean maybe you could see where i am coming from.

thanks

Drumwhore
09-05-2004, 05:12 PM
yeah i see what you mean but i have no idea how to do that.. :)
anyway glad you found a workaround!

cheers! :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.