PDA

View Full Version : Softimage|XSI Foundation V4.0

aazimkhan
09-02-2004, 05:59 AM
Hello guys,

I am seriouslly looking into purchasing XSI Foundation 4.0 , from the online store (softimage.com)

I am a XSI user and I do know what i am going for, but just wanted some opinion from people who have bought this. I am very inerested in the training material provided with it.

comes down to 565$US .

what do u ppl think.

Signal2Noise
09-02-2004, 06:07 AM
There is a Softimage forum here and plenty of threads from people who took the "plunge". Browse there.

You say you are an "XI" user. I assume you mean XSI? If so, then why are you pondering whether to buy it or not? The training material is extensive and well layed out. You won't be disappointed. It is also included FREE for a limited time so if I were in your shoes this would be a no-brainer and I'd jump on it right away. Which I did. ;)

But then again you're already an XSI user so...:shrug:

aazimkhan
09-02-2004, 06:13 AM
its an amazing peice of software NO doubt, but i just thought i`ll check a few replies before i hit the final BUY button. :)...

I want to own it now - and also learn the advanced features in the latest version.

aazimkhan
09-02-2004, 06:31 AM
oh yeah, one important question - signal to noise : can you run this version on 2 differnt computers that are networked?...

G-Prime
09-02-2004, 06:34 AM
I think if you buy the software you can legaly use it at work i assume.

mharrison
09-02-2004, 06:19 PM
Foundation is not locked to your hardware, so you can run it on more than one machine, but I assume the license only allows non-simultaneous use.

SheepFactory
09-02-2004, 07:32 PM
This has been discussed to death. Do a search here in this forum and under news.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.