PDA

View Full Version : XP and XSI Foundation

evan
09-02-2004, 06:51 AM
Hi All,

I've had a bit of a look around for anything regarding my question without any luck, sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before :)

requirements for Foundation are XP pro or 2000, but Im playing with the 30 day trial here on XP Home without any noticable problems, so Im curious why would XSI only be recommended for use with Pro and 2000?

Thanks all, and again, if this has been asked, sorry.

Cheers

CraigT
09-02-2004, 07:06 AM
My guess would be so that you could use dual processors.

Craig

lots
09-02-2004, 07:13 AM
Also home lacks a few nicer networking features that Pro has.. which may play into some networked features to work properly.. but dont take that for truth as i dont know for sure :P

evan
09-02-2004, 11:51 AM
Thanks for that guys, much appreciated. I'll keep using it for the trial period and see if I have any problems, but so far I'm very impressed. Still worth the purchase even if I have to go out and buy XP Pro in the end.

mharrison
09-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Thanks for that guys, much appreciated. I'll keep using it for the trial period and see if I have any problems, but so far I'm very impressed. Still worth the purchase even if I have to go out and buy XP Pro in the end.
If the trial version works then the full version will also. The full version is the same as the 30-day trial. All the serial # does is take away the nag screen and timeout.

Hazmat
09-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Hmmm... I didn't even realize that XP home wasn't supported... I've been using XSI on Home for a couple of weeks, and haven't noticed any issues. Of course, I'm a single user, and don't tie into a larger network working environment...:shrug:

evan
09-02-2004, 10:27 PM
If the trial version works then the full version will also. The full version is the same as the 30-day trial. All the serial # does is take away the nag screen and timeout.
Yep, I figured as much :) thanks mharrison

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.