PDA

View Full Version : newbie Q: paste into place in other file

prinzdylano
09-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Hi y'all!
This is the first time i ever post here @ CGTalk.
I've been using PS for a while now, i even use it for my work. So i'm a bit embarrased to even ask what i'm about to ask, for i can't find my answer in the manual...

I have several files wich have the same layout etc.
In file 1 i've copied a layer. I want to paste this layer in file 2, in the EXACT same place as in file 1... is there an easier way than to drag it in to place? I cannot use "paste into".

I've been bustin' my n*ts searching thru the manual...
I also tried the snap-feature in combination with the guidelines to make things easier but there's gotta be an easier way ain't there?

Thanks in advance

prinzdylano

bumskee
09-02-2004, 01:20 AM
I am sure there would be.. I can't seem to find one too (pulling my hair out..)

but here's a work around for now..until someone comes up with a good idea.
create a layer and fill it with a colour and link it with the layer you want to copy..
and just drag it holding shift.. well. and then del the layer...

.....well..just hold shift...when u move it...that seems to work fine...I swear it didn't work before maybe I was letting the shift key go too early..

prinzdylano
09-02-2004, 01:29 AM
Thanx!

I didn't come up with that one!
Maybe there is a "normal" way, but this will do for now.
Thanks again!

prinzdylano

bumskee
09-02-2004, 01:48 AM
The "normal way" would be holding shift when u drag. :) It places it at the same spot, disregard the first post about linking layer...:P

prinzdylano
09-02-2004, 01:58 AM
Yep! hehehehe...
that does it. Many thanks...

and it was so easy... :S

prinzdylano

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.