PDA

View Full Version : Modelling a head.Please help

phobos
08-07-2002, 09:37 AM
First things first.I model with cinema4d.
Second
This is the beginning of my model.
http://users.otenet.gr/~jim08088/head.jpg

I want to start with as few polygons as possible and then start to build a more complex object.
But I think that I'm missing a command or something and I can't really make it look o.k
I start with a cube I do one extrusion to make the facial features and one extrusion to the bottom to make the neck.I start moving points and when I think that the basic form is o.k I delete the half of the cube and put the remaining on a symmetry object.
I do one knife cut for the nose 2 horizontal knife cuts for the eye 2 horizontal knife cuts for the tip of the nose and 2 horizontal knife cuts for the mouth.
What I want to do next is to delete the polygons in the eye copy the points that remain there paste them on the inside and making polygons to start shaping the eye.Then I use the cutter plugin of Koenigsmarck to produce a second row of point for the eye and then a third.
For the tip of the nose I'm planning to use an extrusion and for the mouth the same method as in the eye
In the whole process I have the object as a child of a hyper nurbs object which gets swithed on and off.
Is it o.k to model this way?
I'm getting a lot of triangles like the one in the area of the mouth that I can't get rid of.
I like this way of modelling cause I can get the basic form of the head in very few steps and doesn't confuse me.
I followed the maxxon tutorial (maker of cinema) and in the end when I have to form the the head I have so many points to move so I get very confused.It uses 10/10/12 points for a cube.I think so many points in the begining are very confusing.I use a cube with cuts where only where I want them
Any ideas on my way of modelling or tips on how to produce less triangles?
Thanks in advance

phobos
08-07-2002, 01:28 PM
My progress so far
http://users.otenet.gr/~jim08088/Head2.jpg
It's awful but I think it's a good start....

Grey
08-08-2002, 01:07 AM
Bunk, the author of the tutorial, hangs out in the Cinema4D forum. :D

playmesumch00ns
08-08-2002, 03:24 PM
you want to concentrate on creating smooth edge loops that follow the contours of the face.

Also the jawline is very funny, the back needs to be a lot wider, but a good start!

greekdish
08-14-2002, 08:57 AM
PATRIDA!!!!!! :beer:

Nice to see some more of my countrymen in the 3D world. :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.