PDA

View Full Version : Dirtmap

Rumr
09-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Im having trouble getting my dirtmap set up in xsi4, It tells me i installed successfully but when i look for the shaders or to set it up i dont see them. Ive followed a tutorial but i cant seem to get it popin. if anyone could give me a helping hand id really apreaciate it.

Thanks.

tsupka
09-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Look at:

C:\users\_Your_user_name_\Softimage\XSI_4.0\Addons\Data\DSPresets\Shaders\Texture

preludian
09-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Have you looked under RenderTree Nodes=>e.g.Texture=>more and then clicked on the paths button you will see a big list, look under Add-ons Paths there you should find the dirtmap shader.

Rumr
09-02-2004, 04:09 AM
Thanks got it working guys.

Ablefish
09-02-2004, 02:47 PM
If you're using several addon shaders (ie Daniel Rind's Dirtmap, Diffusion, hair -Kim Aldis' Noise and Turbulence) as we are at work , you might find it easier to just create a new Custom Toolbar that contains all of these presets in one place.

Then you can just pop open the toolbar (Application->Toolbars) and drag the presets right onto your object or into the Rendertree.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.