PDA

View Full Version : PA Challenge - Vehicle - Edin

Edin
02-04-2002, 01:29 AM
Well I truely enjoyed watching everyone in the previouse challenge so I thought I'd hop in on this one.
Here's my start.

http://www.amfilms.com/images/3dpics/balloon-2.jpg

ACFred
02-04-2002, 02:15 AM
Hey there,

I like the concept behind this one. looks like it'd do dual purpose in the air as well as across snow.

Some things to think about.....

It appears to be two hot-air balloons used to keep it aloft. If so, then they're way too close together. You might want to think about increasing their distance by stretching out the middle and adding a smaller structure in the middle to balance it out.

Also, nurnie the hell out of this thing. Gangplanks/walkways, portholes -- liferafts with little balloons attached might be kinda cool thing to hang off of the side. Brackets connecting the skis with their supports, ribbing/ridges on the balloons and maybe some obviously moveable parts on the rudder.

Might also be cool to put a crows nest on top of one of the balloons with a flexible ladder attached to the outside (for the brave of heart).

Anyway, some things to think about. This definitely reminds me of what would come from the post-apocalyptic Norsemen.

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see it finished!

Alec

Bytehawk
02-04-2002, 03:18 AM
wow,

great stuf

good concept

as in previous post, I agree with ACfred

Cgkoko
02-04-2002, 08:19 PM
Really nice idea.Looks kind of (fictional) 30's indastrial flying war machine

Edin
02-06-2002, 01:42 AM
http://www.amfilms.com/images/3dpics/balloon-3.jpg

ok here's a small update,

I'm probably going to start completely anew. I'll make it much larger with many more balloons. A full ship.

JacobB
02-06-2002, 08:18 AM
I like your design it's the post apocalyptic teddy ruxpin ship..... I 'm only joking!!!!!!, I think you should work with the ski's on the bottom a bit it's be kinda cool if they looked like bent girders or something or maybe some shocks and kinda make em' like a snow mobile, anyways good work, looking forward to seeing more..

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.