PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave career paths?

Shawry
09-01-2004, 06:09 AM
Hey everyone,
I've been thinking about this for the last few months as im due to finish my Multimedia Uni course at the end of November.
I'm from Australia and from what my research has provided, the industry use of Lightwave is basically zero around here!!
Most studios here use either Maya or MAX which i am untrained in.

I have been thinking about moving to the UK shortly as 3D modelling/animation jobs are a little bit more common over there. Can anyone confirm this? Or possibly give me a start as to where/how i would go about finding information on UK jobs!

NanoGator
09-01-2004, 07:45 AM
I can't answer your specific question, but I would urge you to have Maya PLE in your back pocket.

E_Moelzer
09-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Hello!
When I went to visit some Holywood- studios a couple of weeks ago, I heard, that there is a big lack of good LW- artists there.
Basically everyone is looking for LW- artists.
In the NewTek- forums there is also a thread about the lack of LWers in Australia.
CU
Elmar

OZI_Jason
09-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Alas! not more than 5 threads away:
AUSTRALIAN'S Looking for Work (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=165792)
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=165792

southparx
09-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Hey everyone,
I've been thinking about this for the last few months as im due to finish my Multimedia Uni course at the end of November.
I'm from Australia and from what my research has provided, the industry use of Lightwave is basically zero around here!!
Most studios here use either Maya or MAX which i am untrained in.

I have been thinking about moving to the UK shortly as 3D modelling/animation jobs are a little bit more common over there. Can anyone confirm this? Or possibly give me a start as to where/how i would go about finding information on UK jobs!sorry OT but,

just a wild guess, is the multimedia Uni u're in is RMIT?

as far as i know Zero Gravity (Kretin's company) is in australia and he's a lightwave user.

Good luck in finding job :)

Shawry
09-02-2004, 12:12 AM
No i dont go to RMIT, im doing a course at Swinburne :)

And yes i did see that thread about Aussies Looking Work and will be keeping that in check but not actually looking for a full time job untill the end of the year.

southparx
09-03-2004, 04:46 PM
oh well nevermind, coz my current program is supposed to transfer to RMIT in order for me to earn my bahchelor degree, and as far as i know RMIT uses lightwave too, so i thought i wanna ask you some questions regarding the course there.alright then, good luck on the final sem

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.