PDA

View Full Version : All my grey colors are slightly red?!

Levitateme
09-01-2004, 03:12 AM
When i go to select any colors in photoshop only my greys all have slight red to them. i uninstalled and isntalled to make sure i did nothing with color settings, and this only happens in photoshop all of the sudden, no other programs. and my color settings are at default i asked a friend of mine and both ours are the same. anyone have any ideas ?

Levitateme
09-01-2004, 03:17 AM
i just noticed all my images say this on the window of the image

Image.jpg @100% (RGB/8#)

it should be saying

Image.jpg @100% (RGB/8)

any ideas?

gmask
09-01-2004, 03:20 AM
Same thing happened to me when I got a new monitor.. right click on your desktop, seelect properties, click on setting stab, click on advanced, click on color management tab , select the color profile and click remove

sundialsvc4
09-01-2004, 04:45 AM
One technical possibility is that one of the guns in the CRT (if it is a CRT) is going bad; or that the monitor cable is not seated firmly or something equally-mechanical. Otherwise it sounds like a gamma problem: the color-profiles and other such adjustments which are supposed to enable the hardware/software to actually produce the desired color on the physical device.

Now, nothing in the computer-world really happens "all of the sudden." What happened, no matter how slight, immediately before you first started noticing this? Also... are there any other working-situations, with your normal workflow for this computer, where you ordinarily would notice this, but do not? Can you call up the same image simultaneously in two windows with two programs and say "here you see it, here you don't?" How about with first one program then the other but not at the same time? These are things to try.

bumskee
09-02-2004, 12:38 AM
I think I read somewhere "#" means the color space or something doesn't exist..something like that. I am not too sure but it's definitely something to do with the setting. I will look it up somewhere I am sure I saw it...

gmask
09-02-2004, 12:49 AM
One technical possibility is that one of the guns in the CRT (if it is a CRT) is going bad; or that the monitor cable is not seated firmly or something equally-mechanical. Otherwise it sounds like a gamma problem: the color-profiles and other such adjustments which are supposed to enable the hardware/software to actually produce the desired color on the physical device.

I doubt that it would only be happening in PS if that were the case.

halo
09-02-2004, 08:13 AM
your monitor profile is shot away...

read the FAQ at the top of this forum :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.