PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop 7 Line Tool

ShwayMan
08-07-2002, 01:47 AM
How can I make the Line Tool in PS7 act like the PS5.5 line tool? It always makes a new layer, and I can't turn off New Layer for Shapes. Also, when I put the width in, it's in inches not pixels. How can I change it?

dgpilot
08-07-2002, 03:48 AM
hmmm....
My best suggestion would be either
A) F1
or B) RTFM

frog
08-07-2002, 08:08 AM
The line tool in 7 has changed completely from the one in 5.5 as it is no longer pixel based but vector now.

There is s button in the options palette that controls whether it acts as a shape layer or just a normal path. The help files do indeed contain this information :)

thinKer3D
08-20-2002, 08:38 AM
::

I put the width in, it's in inches not pixels. How can I change it?

Type in the number of inches you need, "spacebar" once then type "in". Like this "1 in" and enter. For pixels "n px". For Centimeters "n cm" and so on.

thinKer3D
08-20-2002, 08:43 AM

I can't turn off New Layer for Shapes

Don't believe you can. Just right click on the shape layer and rasterize it.

Besides, the new line tool is a lot more flexible. I never won't to go back to the old.

frog
08-20-2002, 11:03 AM
You can turn off the layers and create a normal path or even pixels:

http://www.btinternet.com/%7Efrog01/line-tool.jpg

The icon that is selected in the toolbar in that screencap makes the shape as a normal path rather than a layer, the icon to the right of it makes pixels and behaves just like the old line tool.

This is in PS7 BTW.

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.