PDA

View Full Version : Save after crash?

wurp
08-31-2004, 11:55 AM
Hi there folks

I was just wondering if anyone else ever experienced that you can actually keep working in xsi even after it crashed? I know I read somewhere that this happened to someone a few times, but on my machine at work it happens every time. Even after a crash I can go to file->save and it saves the scene perfectly. Usually I can also keep working with the other menus and stuff in xsi, but after a while it freezes. XSI also seems to have a sort of limited functionality after a crash, sometimes you cant navigate in the viewports, but the menus still work.

Anyway, this is really something I should be happy about as I'll never lose any of my work, but I just wonder why it happens? I guess its related to what hardware components Im using as I never had the same thing happen on any of my other workstations.

Kaprolactam
09-01-2004, 12:38 PM
Yep, I encountered this phenomenon, too. I think this is because of an internal routine that tracks errors as they occur, and at some point the routine decides that xsi becomes unstable and expects a crash, so it pops up an adequate warning which terminates the program when it is confirmed, but sometimes xsi fails to crash ;) so it keeps running and you can work with it, until you press ok and the process is being terminated. Just speculation, though... :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.