PDA

View Full Version : gi style rendering in maya

WhatItIsIs
08-07-2002, 01:06 AM
ok, i know this sounds like a total noob question, but it seems that every time i try to create a render using a light-dome script in maya, to fake global illumination, the renders still don't seem to come out looking quite right. but there are a lot of renders on this site, especially those in the Challenges section, that display the rendering technique i am wanting to reproduce. does anyone have any tips on methods, or links to web pages or scripts that would help me reproduce this great rendering technique? thanks in advance! :beer:

playmesumch00ns
08-08-2002, 02:58 PM
I don't know about 'great' technique. Maybe 'over-used' or 'passť'. Anyway. I don't know what script you're using but there's a good one on Highend called something like sds_attach_light_to_nurbs.mel or sumthin. That should do what you want.

Remember GI is no replacement for learning the basics of lighting

jtk77
08-12-2002, 03:18 PM
have you checked out this site?

www.pixho.com

Crode
08-12-2002, 08:17 PM
yes i would go with GIJoe the link above. Its a fake GI but it does the job way much faster and its doesnt cost a few thousand dollars

alx
08-22-2002, 06:51 AM
hey if you want some help on Gi and pluggins u miht want to check this Thread out

Gi thread (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1537&perpage=40&pagenumber=1)

Sincerely

alx
:wavey:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.