PDA

View Full Version : key mapping question

vlad74
08-31-2004, 03:26 AM
Hi guys. I bought xsi foundation about a week ago. And the thing i am trying to do is to set almost the same key mapping found in maya. Do you know way to change the mapping for the left right and middle mouse button. Because i've got use to maya viewport navigation (alt+left MB - orbit, alt + right MB - dolly and alt + middle MB - track) i want to set the same in xsi. I tried but couldn't change the navigation tools assigned to left right and midlle MB. Do you know how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

vmpre
08-31-2004, 03:59 AM
Been answered a few times in here.

Look for Use Alternate Mouse Mapping options in the Tool options under the Camera tab.

You should be able to find it in the manuals, I think.

Though I highly recommend just getting use to the XSI way of doing things. In the end it will make things much easier.

vlad74
08-31-2004, 04:34 AM
Thank you vmpre. That helped me. You are right about getting use to the XSI way of doing things. I am not going to change all hot keys. With maya i use mainly about 20-25 of them. Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.