PDA

View Full Version : Reflection Map pass in Maya's Renderer

DJSmackMackey
08-30-2004, 10:25 PM
Does anyone know how I can get Maya's render passes to only put reflection maps in the specular pass? For some reason it puts it in the diffuse pass too.

BillSpradlin
08-30-2004, 10:31 PM
You can just run a refletction pass by applying the use background shader to whatever object you want reflections on, then run a pass like that. However, if I understand you correctly you want a specular reflection pass? If that's the case you can't do that in Maya without writing a custom shader to do it.

mrgoodbyte
08-30-2004, 10:55 PM
However, if I understand you correctly you want a specular reflection pass? If that's the case you can't do that in Maya without writing a custom shader to do it.

Shutting off the diffuse checkboxes on all your lights should do the trick.

DJSmackMackey
08-31-2004, 04:45 AM
yes, but the goal is to not have different versions of the scene file. just separate passes being rendered from the same file.

tankut
11-06-2004, 07:15 PM
There is a workaround mel script at highend3d.com, that makes "toggles" for different renders. I can't explain it any better right now, but it's at the maya->mel->rendering section.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.