PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen "6am on Christmas Day"

greydef
08-30-2004, 09:58 AM
Hi I'm look for a great newbie tutorial that I downloaded a while ago called "Essentials 1: 6am on Christmas Day" by Stuart Diston-Hunter. It's still linked to on XSIBase (http://www.xsibase.com/tutorials/beginner.php?detail=438), but is no longer at the same address.:sad: Does anyone know where I could download this tut from?

Thanx,

Graeme

3dtutorial
08-30-2004, 08:47 PM
Yes,

It's part of the XSI Modelling 1 tutorial series available from 3dtutorial.com

I'm sorry to say that the free versions that were once on Stuart's website are no longer available.

Still, you can get that tutorial with a LOT of other content as well from 3dtutorial.

You can learn more about this and other XSI modeling tutorials at:

http://www.3dtutorial.com

Cheers,

Joe

greydef
08-31-2004, 11:18 AM
Thanx Joe,

Looks like you've got some good tuts there. I probably won't go for the basic modelling at the mo' as I've been going through the XSI tuts & docs that cover the interface basics. I don't fancy shelling out for tuts that might be covered by the DVD bundle that I should receive soon with my copy of Foundation. Although the advanced SubDee tut is tempting...

3dtutorial
08-31-2004, 01:06 PM
Hi

I don't fancy shelling out for tuts that might be covered by the DVD bundle
Sure, I can understand that completely. I should point out while the training materials on offer by softimage are very nice (and I recommend them) they don't supplant what is on offer at 3dtutorial.com

Our XSI training is project based and provides a level of training that simply isn't available by any other means -- just ask anyone who uses them, they will tell you.

The truth is that there is very little redundant information between the training from Softimage and 3dtutorial.com -- if anything, they compliment each other.

Cheers,

Joe

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.