PDA

View Full Version : Updated Demo Reel

Panholzer
08-06-2002, 09:28 PM
Some stuff I did 6 months ago but re-edited with better pacing. Just click on DEMO at my homepage address

http://www.members.shaw.ca/baccus/web_page.htm

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks!

Rich

Mike RB
08-06-2002, 09:31 PM
Wow, fantastic. That fish stuff was pretty cool, and the little skeleton boy, he's really cool! Can we see more of him? What is your plans for him? a Movie? Tell us more.

The gymnast kinda sucked. But in a good way, like how your momma sucks.

:)

Mike

Mike RB
08-06-2002, 09:39 PM
Kidding about your momma BTW, She's a nice lady and I wouldn't want to hurt my chances of getting another date with her.

:)

Mike

bentllama
08-07-2002, 01:34 AM
The hateful Chris stuff is neat...I like the "bomb thrown in the car" part

...the chick in the red jumpsuit...her weight shift and center of gravity is way, way off...
...you are also "twinning" her limbs alot...

Panholzer
08-07-2002, 06:03 PM
Twinning? ...yeah, her center of gravity is pretty bad ...Did you think the flips and the "horse" thing sucked too?

Looking forward to seeing your website...when will it be done?

bentllama
08-08-2002, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by R. Panholzer
Twinning?

[copied this text explanation from http://www.zayats.net/text/Common%20Pitfalls.htm]

Twinning (unnatural motion symmetry)
Cause: Twinning is when opposite body parts move as exact mirrors of one another. When the left arm motion starts and stops on exactly the same frames as the right arm. This is usually not desired for natural looking animation (although there are certainly times when it is appropriate) This happens when the animator gets lazy and animates multiple body parts simultaneously, or simply copies/mirrors motion from one limb to another & then leaving the resulting twinned motion as is.

Solution: To avoid twinning, after simultaneously animating multiple body parts or copying/mirroring motion, be sure to go in and add keyframe offsets or other naturalistic variations to the movement.

Panholzer
08-08-2002, 05:25 PM
I am glad twinning is an easy problem to fix and will get on it asap along with the center of gravity stuff(not so easy). The animation was rushed and only now realize how evident that is.

Thanks for the critique. I really appreciate the the advice.

R

...that Jeremy Cantor has a pretty cool website and great animation tips...thanks for that too

Larry_g1s
08-08-2002, 10:04 PM
Great site bentllama, thanks. It had tons of great info, with tons of great Links. Thanks.

tedledz
08-28-2002, 10:59 AM
Dood that rocked, those fish made me laugh so much, i hope to see more.
By the way how old are you.:hmm:

Panholzer
08-28-2002, 04:59 PM
Thanks for your positive feedback. I was starting to think I should go back to my old job at Fat Burger.

My age? Too young for cognac and too old for beer...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.