PDA

View Full Version : Puzzling thing about LW8 - question ^^

kukukiki74
08-29-2004, 03:32 AM
This is dumb question... but when I was editing my model in Wireframe Shader view mode, all the lines are shown white... but after I created more polygons to add detail.. the lines on the new polygons are blue... (O.o);; Is this a feature because, I don't remember seeing this in LW7. Thanks ^^

uncommongrafx
08-29-2004, 03:55 AM
You've stumbled onto the Detail->Sketch command. Or...at least the effect thereof.

I can say that I"ve seen it happen but seemed like it was going back to some type of a default color. Hmm, I wonder if we have a switch for that...never looked.

kukukiki74
08-29-2004, 04:07 AM
Thx alot ^^ that fixed it!

kevman3d
08-29-2004, 08:35 AM
Yep, everytime you slice, bandsaw, bevel, etc an existing mesh with its own sketch colour, the new polys appear in the modeler default (found in the display options panel I think)

All the old 7.x objects I've loaded have a grey sketch colour... Its a little ugly - I prefer black or blue (usually black though) cause it gives me a crisper mesh to work with in openGL.

However, its hard to see if your textures are black (so then you need to do a custom sketch colour to see the polys) :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.