PDA

View Full Version : waiting animation -comments and critiques

OREARDON
08-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Please delete thread

rstratton
08-29-2004, 01:59 AM
the first thing I would say is put it in quicktime format so that anyone who is going to critique it can go through frame by frame......after that...I think you need a little more movement in the torso when the character is sighing.....the hair on his head bothers me too...you have the secondary motion with it in the beginning then it starts to float a little and then stops moving all together....the animation is also kinda stiff when it comes to the legs and arms when he is waiting on the bus.........maybe if he is bored he could be drawing circles on the ground with his foot or something...and he should move his arms a little maybe just a sway or something when he is looking back and forth for the bus....and this could just be me personally I don't really get the feeling that he is shocked by the tiny bus and character, exaggerate a little more....and I don't know what it is, if it was quicktime and I could look at it better then I could figure it out, but there is something about the run of the little character that doesn't feel right......more help could be provided if you turn it into quicktime format (hope I am stressing the ease of a critique in quicktime format http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/grin.gif )...thats the main things I see with it, hope it helps

Capel
08-29-2004, 08:20 AM
when he leans back in surprise as the bus pulls up he just freezes. Let off the spline tension on those keys, i'd say, just to give miniscule movement, or a little bounce back from the surprise. This "freezing" happens a few times after that as well... and lastly, his surprise at the little guy running is nice, but i think it just needs to be faster, with the arms waving and him leaning back.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.