PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel - C & C would be much appreciated!

Age-1039
08-28-2004, 03:51 AM
Hello everyone! Well, I've been working on this demo reel for a few months now, trying to improve on the not-so-bad-for-graduation-but-not-good-for-a-job animation work I've had since I graduated. It's my belief that there are still things that need a-fixin' but after staring at this thing about a million times these past few weeks, I wanna make sure that my worries are actually something to worry about and work on. So, if you guys have the time, just check this sucka out and give your honest opinion. It will be much appreciated. Thanks!!!

http://www.ageanimation.com/movies/Galaviz_Demo_Reel.wmv (4.51 MB)

rstratton
08-29-2004, 03:22 AM
I would say you have some timing issues and weight issues....there are alot of times, especially with the block character, that movements should be quicker (this is something that I noticed about my own animation I was taking forever to do things that the character would have done quickly) and also you need slow-ins and slow-outs, things don't move one speed, they may start slow, go fast through the middle and then slow in the end or vice versa....and things don't seem to have alot of weight or force....that is the major thing that I see needs work on...there are some other things that could be worked on but those are the things I think you should address first....one suggestion, something that really helped me, if you don't own it get "the animator's survival kit" its a wonderful book and will help you more then you would ever think possible...I also have a stop watch which I can act out things and use it to get a sense of exactly how long it takes for you to do something.....

Age-1039
09-01-2004, 09:05 PM
Wow, i didn't know there was so much wrong with it! J/k, but really, i've beeen staring at this thing for so long that I just got jaded by the thing, and couldnt really understand what it was that made me feel uncomfortable about the reel. I knew there was something that didn't sit right with me. Thanks a lot forgiving me a different view on my work, but now, i must go back to making this reel better.

PS. I do have the "Animator's Survival Kit,"and it acutually helped me out so much in that Eagle-Man run.

rstratton
09-02-2004, 03:14 AM
hey man hope you don't think I am bashing your reel or anything....just wanted to give you as much feedback as possible to help you along....

Age-1039
09-02-2004, 04:00 AM
Don't worry man, I knew you weren't bashing my reel. It was just your view of it and tried giving me the best advice you could. And I really do appreciate it, because I've already noticed a bunch of the things you pointed out about it. I'm being sincere, although reading that last post i put up, i noticed that it didn't sound as sincere, or humorus as I thought it did. My apologies about that. Hope there's no hard feelings. Thanks again Idigm, I do appreciate your feedback!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.