PDA

View Full Version : Diver, Aydin Uluc (3D)

aydinu
08-27-2004, 09:22 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/1133/1133_1093641777_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/1133/1133_1093641777.jpg)

Title: Diver
Name: Aydin Uluc
Software: 3ds Max 5 And Photoshop 6

I created this image for work. This model is built for Virtual Reality purposes in our training simulations for the emergency response seector. The diver has about 7500 faces. The maximum size for the texture is 1024x1024.

SheepFactory
08-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Very nice modelling and texturing.

*Plugged

alexyork
08-27-2004, 09:28 PM
that is some truely amazing shader/texture work there. really looks hi-poly. in fact the only part that looks low poly is the rope/box.

stunning

VerticalVertex
'Frontpage' is well worth. Looks like a diver too.

aydinu
and here is a wire

http://home.planet.nl/%7EUluc0000/WIP/Diver_Wire.jpg

KolbyJukes
08-27-2004, 09:30 PM
It's amazing how deceptively high-poly it looks. Awesome work.

-kol.

Per-Anders
08-27-2004, 09:36 PM
very nice texture work, well done!

mvunderground
08-27-2004, 09:42 PM
Very nice and clean mesh with excelent textures. Is there anyway you could post a close up of the diver from a few angles ?

aydinu
08-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the nice replys guys. And I will upload some cluse-ups asap

Aydin

Jesse-Irvin
08-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Secksy, I like

aydinu
08-27-2004, 10:01 PM
And here are some close-ups. I can't show you guys the final close-up renders because I don't have the latest files at home ( I never had thought that It would show up on the frontpage:)

http://home.planet.nl/%7EUluc0000/images/Diver_Back.jpghttp://home.planet.nl/%7EUluc0000/images/Diver_Head.jpg

EricChadwick
08-27-2004, 10:02 PM
I'd love to see the texture sheet.

It seems like there might be more detail than you need on the this wires/hoses. I would distribute that detail into the rope holder, his crotch and his shoulders. Is he going to be animated? If so it seems like you may have some problems with the crotch/armpits.

Nice work.

aydinu
08-27-2004, 10:23 PM
I only had to make a very simple backwalk cycle and a simple swimming motion. So no need for extra detail in the mesh. Here are the 2 textures that I used: 1 for the body and 1 for the tools

http://home.planet.nl/%7EUluc0000/images/Diver_texture_body.jpghttp://home.planet.nl/%7EUluc0000/images/Diver_Tools.jpg

AndyH
08-27-2004, 10:24 PM
Really nice - looks very realistic, but if work of this good quality can get frontpage, then i get the impression that the game art forum is beeing overlooked.... I often see excellent character work on it that matches, and sometimes surprasses this piece.
Was the fact that its in the finished 3d forum and not the game forum a contributing factor to it being plugged? Should game modelers post their images in this forum when theyre completed? There isnt a finished game art forum or anything, just a combined WIP/ finished one.

Thats my mini-rant over - sorry for being a moaner!

As i said - looks great for the poly count, and the textures really add to it.

SheepFactory
08-27-2004, 10:39 PM
Really nice - looks very realistic, but if work of this good quality can get frontpage, then i get the impression that the game art forum is beeing overlooked.... I often see excellent character work on it that matches, and sometimes surprasses this piece.
Was the fact that its in the finished 3d forum and not the game forum a contributing factor to it being plugged? Should game modelers post their images in this forum when theyre completed? There isnt a finished game art forum or anything, just a combined WIP/ finished one.

Thats my mini-rant over - sorry for being a moaner!

As i said - looks great for the poly count, and the textures really add to it.

I personally dont check the game art forum (forget to most of the time) so yea post your finished pieces to the gallery and it'll increase your frontpage chances greatly since all the mods look at the gallery validation regularly.

ToddD
08-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Reminds me of Scuba Steve in the adam sandler movie-big daddy ;) Nice work though!

OptimusDinkus
08-27-2004, 10:41 PM
Damn, I thought this sucker was hipoly, had no idea it was a game model, you shure fooled me

HapZungLam
08-27-2004, 10:41 PM
Tobe serious, always look confusing on a lowpoly model rendered in GI. But well, you've some nice modeling going on the model.

Neil
08-27-2004, 10:54 PM
I agree with Andy strongly on this one. I can think of 3 models right now that blow me away in the game art section, and although this is impressive, I don't see why everyone is congratulating the texturing. Cgtalk expands with new sections to help keep everything clear, but then sections get neglected. Bobo and Bent are overworked to begin with, so it might help to get someone else to help out.
I think the modeling is the strong aspect. THe texture sheet is pretty poorly layed out and it looks like someone went crazy with the smudge finger. The texturing could get more detail and crispness if it was layed out properly to fill the space better. This concept is fresh and cool, and I like the posing, but shouldn't be considered finished until that texture sheet is corrected.

aydinu
08-27-2004, 10:55 PM
Thanks again for the kind words and the modeling,texturing and skinning took me not even 2 days. The deadlines are crazy for the projects that I work on. So it's not that I have 2 or 3 weeks to finish up a character.

Aydin

Alife513
08-27-2004, 10:58 PM
The texture really adds a level of realism to it, that disguises the fact that it is a low poly model. I must say that it is impressive how real it looks, with that few polys. Good work man!

Evil Pumpkin
08-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Amazing work....this is just so...real!! awesome texturing/modelling/shading....all!
very good work!

peace

dcmoutinho
08-28-2004, 12:26 AM
the texture itīs nice

Xaint
08-28-2004, 02:07 AM
I personally dont check the game art forum (forget to most of the time) so yea post your finished pieces to the gallery and it'll increase your frontpage chances greatly since all the mods look at the gallery validation regularly.Hello!

I personally, don't check the finished work section, just come here from the frontpage most of the time. But I do check the gameart section regularly, and If I post I post there because I'd like feedback from game-artists in first place. Maybe others posting finished works in the game art section do think the same way. So mods shouldn't neglect those works posted in the gameart forum.

So, about this peace. In my opinion it's a good peace for what it's made (simulation) and considering that 2 days went in the making. Not anything extravagant, but successfull, and people working in the game industry, should learn the art of success. To to finish pieces in time and draw the margin. I do think it's not frontpage quality, but I learned to respect those works wich are effectively made and finished.
aydinu, well done!

Peace!

andy_maxman
08-28-2004, 03:43 AM
I agree with Andy strongly on this one. I can think of 3 models right now that blow me away in the game art section, and although this is impressive, I don't see why everyone is congratulating the texturing. Cgtalk expands with new sections to help keep everything clear, but then sections get neglected. Bobo and Bent are overworked to begin with, so it might help to get someone else to help out.

i think it would be an overkill for mods to be at places all the time. besides i thought that if you liked some artwork was worthy to be plugged you could let the mods know about it. alternativley i would suggest to assign a mod for this category. i suspect Ali would have anticipated all this when he plugged the image.

hey Aydin,
i feel the image 'breathes' life. i also like the feel of the life-saving-bag.
keepIt_up!:thumbsup:

Kael
08-28-2004, 05:50 AM
Exellent work...
And so clean! clean wire clean texture clean lighting... = clean

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

phoenix
08-28-2004, 06:16 AM
very impressive work

Dave Anderson
08-28-2004, 07:19 AM
Wery impressive work , the textures make the model look hight poly , give a great realizm feeling , good job :thumbsup:

moppie
08-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Ziet er goed uit Aydin. :thumbsup:

Dave Black
08-28-2004, 08:40 AM
For everyone who is upset about this work's plug on the front page, please remember that you too can help us by drawing our attention to high-quality work. We cannot be everywhere at once. We rely on our members to help out by making suggestions for plugs.

So to recap. Use the "Report this post to a moderator" function. Or PM us. We are not deliberatly attempting to overlook certain forums.

-Dave

ray-f
08-28-2004, 08:42 AM
realy impressive work as I mentioned at 3dnebandim.
I actually suck in LP, though i liked it very much!

Dutchman
08-28-2004, 10:55 AM
WOW! Really cool work! Has a high level of realisticy! :) The textures are awesome!

BTW: cool that a dutchman has reached the frontpage! :) Congrats!

Proteo
08-28-2004, 11:25 AM
in general is awesome :eek:

aydinu
08-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Thanks everybody for the comments. I'm working on my demoreel and these kind of comments pushes me even more to finish my modeling reel
Aydin

Bentagon
08-28-2004, 10:01 PM
I have got to agree with Neil on this one. Modelling definitly is great, no real crits on that, except maybe a small thumb. You could've pushed the UV further, though, so you could've given the texture a tad more detail. The texturing isn't really great at all. Some texture seems, some places are detailed, others are not. You've used some pictures, which don't really look attractive. Lightning differs a bit at places too. Overall, the texture wouldn't be good for a game engine. It would just look strange between the leveltexturing, lightning, etc. But, considering it's for a simulation, it definitly reaches its goal. Simulations are not about great graphics, but about functionality, and this model definitly does the trick.

Don't get me wrong, though, it is good work, but not the kind of work I'd expect on frontpage.

good luck with the reel!

- Bentagon

imyida
08-28-2004, 10:08 PM
:thumbsup: I LIKE IT~

Lotus7
08-29-2004, 03:12 AM
good job on getting some nice details with a low poly! sure thought it was high-poly for a sec hehe.

Dunedain
08-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Great getaway. Even for a low-poly model. Now you just gave me another idea. :thumbsup:

aydinu
08-30-2004, 10:14 AM
Glad that you guys liked it.

Aydin

Darko11
10-27-2004, 08:05 AM
nice shading

ironic440
02-09-2005, 02:59 PM
This nice model need a good scenario. Nice work.:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.