PDA

View Full Version : My Painter

laputaoscar
08-27-2004, 02:15 PM
I have a question with my bg and brush. I have set my bg to white, but when the new doc is opened , the bg is bright green. with my brush, I dont know why it is always with green, black color. Is there any ways to change.
Any help is apprecited

Jinbrown
08-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Hi,

It sounds like you need to change your screen colors to 24 bit or higher.

laputaoscar
08-28-2004, 01:53 PM
No, the problems is only on my painter, when I use photoshop, it doesnt happen like this

laputaoscar
08-28-2004, 01:57 PM
No, the problem is only on my painter. When I use photoshop, the problems is not like that .And, the background of my color palette and basic tool are bright green too. Are you the same with me too?
Any help is thankful

nafa
08-29-2004, 03:33 AM
If you are using Windows, your monitor calibration may be off. Try this site to check it and make adjustment if the gamma setting is off:

http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html

jbw
08-29-2004, 12:34 PM
No, the problem is only on my painter. When I use photoshop, the problems is not like that .And, the background of my color palette and basic tool are bright green too. Are you the same with me too?
Any help is thankful
Did you try changing your monitor to 24bit or 32bit as Jin advised? Painter isn't Photoshop or vice versa. Painter requires that your monitor be set to 24bit or higher otherwise Painter's interface goes nuts.

ta,
jbw

laputaoscar
08-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Thanks

I made a mistake.

Do anyone know what is the difference of 16bit and 32 bit?I know 32bit will contain much more color. But, why people dont set all comp to 32bit but 16bit?

Lunatique
08-31-2004, 01:04 AM
Because for most applications, 32 bit is overkill and unnecessary.

laputaoscar
09-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Because for most applications, 32 bit is overkill and unnecessary.
Thanks
Is the icon of the picture drawn by you? Can you give me the thead of that topic? I like this picture so much and wonder what the story of this picture is. Thanks.

Lunatique
09-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Thanks
Is the icon of the picture drawn by you? Can you give me the thead of that topic? I like this picture so much and wonder what the story of this picture is. Thanks.
Just take a peek at my website and you'll see it. :)

laputaoscar
09-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Just take a peek at my website and you'll see it. :)
Amazing work. I want to be a great artist too. You are my target now:) Now, I am still a poorskill person. But, I believe my faith and brain. I will be different in the future.

Let me introduce myself.I am from HK and studying Multimedia now. But I dont really know whether it relates CG field or not. But, I have a lot of assignment about graphic design. I hope I will have a good work with my standard and improve everytime. I hope you will have a successful path and do a successful 3D animation too.

Sorry for listening so many rubblish. Have a nice day.

Sleeping dragon

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.