PDA

View Full Version : Where to go from here

Katsushiro
08-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Hey, everybody...I could use some help. I'm working on a few pieces for my portfolio to get into Art Center. This is one of them. I'm not sure where to go next with this piece. I'm looking for some hardcore honest criticisms. The text says in latin "what was once impulse is now method"
http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs4.deviantart.com/i/2004/237/1/7/impulse_and_method.jpg

Like I said any help or advice would be amazing...I can't decide whether I want to make him darker or not, I like the contrast it has right now.

Thanks in advance,
-David

Slav
08-27-2004, 01:54 AM
honestly i think you should introduce the character into a set environment. give the scene more defined lightning. i for one would stay away from plain boxes that boarder the page.

Ash80
08-27-2004, 05:36 PM
There's no form to the character, he looks lost and weak on the page. I agree with Slav entirely; lose the boxes they do the image no favours, lose the text and put him in an interesting environment with some nice strong lighting that makes the character look more solid. Also, be careful not to make the image look too smudgy.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.