PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here purchased the student version of XSI 4?

Black Lung
08-26-2004, 04:06 PM
I purchased the student version of XSI 4, sent in for the licensing file 4 days back, and still have not received it. I have called Softimage twice and they keep saying it is on its way. This is disappointing because I am a Maya user and have always received licensing files in less than 24 hours from Alias. I am a student that commutes to school everyday so I cannot use the school computers to do my work and I need this software for my class. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had any difficulty in this area. I hope that the software will be great and will make up for this wait.

Kayumni
08-26-2004, 04:54 PM
I have purchased student versions of 3.5 and 4.0

Once it took five days (for 3.5) and it took 30 minutes for the 4.0.

Be patient...XSI is worth it.

ThE_JacO
08-26-2004, 05:07 PM
I purchased the student version of XSI 4, sent in for the licensing file 4 days back, and still have not received it. I have called Softimage twice and they keep saying it is on its way. This is disappointing because I am a Maya user and have always received licensing files in less than 24 hours from Alias. I am a student that commutes to school everyday so I cannot use the school computers to do my work and I need this software for my class. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had any difficulty in this area. I hope that the software will be great and will make up for this wait. normally it takes a day, two at the most, but recently (with the new students and foundation deals) Montreal is putting up with literally hundreds to thousands of licenses every week.

who did you write to to have the licensing state info?

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.