PDA

View Full Version : Telefonica Speedy Tv Commercial, Exfera (Animation)

diegolm
08-26-2004, 05:02 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/67576/67576_1093536171_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/67576/67576_1093536171.jpg)

Title: Telefonica Speedy Tv Commercial
Name: Exfera
Software: Lightwave 7.5c, After Effects 6.0, Photoshop 7

High Res Animation (http://exfera.biz/speedy/SPEEDY_high.mov)

Website hosting HiRes, LoRes and clean shots.
eXfera/Speedy (http://exfera.biz/speedy/)

We used Particles and Hypervoxels in Lightwave 7.5c, and compose the CG, the clean plates and the retouched "old" plates (made in Photoshop) using After Effects.

The 2 scenes of the street where the "shadow" explodes from de floor were made entirely in Lightwave.

We needed 10 days to finish this work. (the total time was 4 weeks including the shooting and the time needed to finisih some other work left).

www.eXfera.biz

EdHarriss
08-26-2004, 08:52 PM
- Nice work!
- It is amazing that it only took you 10 days
- How many people worked on it?
- Looks like it was a lot of fun
- I liked watching the clean version vs the finished one.

BESTrin
08-26-2004, 11:56 PM
This sounds realy kool and the still is good (fake interlace distortion). The link is down though. Id realy like to see this.

Savage_Henry
08-27-2004, 12:10 AM
waiting for the download....looks pretty sweet!

Felipe
08-27-2004, 12:51 AM
Cant get the file ! I wanna see, I wanna see !!! :)

Kael
08-27-2004, 12:56 AM
Very nice work...:thumbsup:

xsilentpepe
08-27-2004, 01:22 AM
:scream: amazing.....really nice work.

abonora
08-27-2004, 01:29 AM
Really awesome job!

Too bad Pizarro can't play like that in real life :D

Sherif.Nagib
08-27-2004, 02:05 AM
GREAT WORK and awesome compositing :thumbsup:
what about the very first scene, is it all painted in photoshop ?.. I see some gr8 details there and I thought it was 3D. And about AE... Any magic bullet here ?
anyways, IT ROCKS :buttrock:

natsirk
08-27-2004, 02:46 AM
Nice Good job

Vandal
08-27-2004, 03:15 AM
Can someone post a mirror who's downloaded it?
The link doesn't seem to work anymore.

Neil
08-27-2004, 03:23 AM
it took forever for me to download it. server was slow.

I really dig it. I always have liked the nIke and addidas soccer commercials. Especially with the world cup team and when they fought samurai and when they fought against demons.

The problem with this video is that I don't see a real 'purpose' driving the character. Like, why is he dribbling a soccer ball if doom is chasing him? Why not just run your fastest and get the heck out of there? Again, why take the time to kick the ball against the wall?
I know this is a short story and all, and I like the cuts and compositing, but if you showed the demon creature that he had to 'kill' earlier on in the viideo, it would give reason to him dribbling the ball and keeping it with him.

slice56
08-27-2004, 05:25 AM
i cant seem to DL the vid. does anyone have a working link mirrored yet?

paconavarro
08-27-2004, 06:20 AM
No puedo ver los videos Diego :(

dbluewolf
08-27-2004, 06:36 AM
i cant see also.. :( cant download. the site, the link, all dead.
I would post a mirror if i get it... but i cant see it also.. if anyone has it, can pls msg me? thx.

mpatton
08-27-2004, 07:06 AM
Hope you don't mind me putting up a mirror, diegolm, definitely something everyone should get a chance to look at, though. Very well done.

http://mpatton.org/diegolm/SPEEDY_high.mov (http://mpatton.org/diegolm/SPEEDY_high.mov)

Dr. Ira Kane
08-27-2004, 07:13 AM
Mirror please.
Edit : Ok i can download now !

Sir Saukund
08-27-2004, 09:15 AM
where shall I call to get this action in my life ?!
Soccer, a rapidly expanding mildew eating the whole city and a comunication company. That's an absolutly strange combination. Thumbs up.

Actually Neil is right...
NEIL: The problem with this video is that I don't see a real 'purpose' driving the character. On the other site it's just a commercial. The color contrast, the timing cuts, the dragon, the sound (a qotation of Carmina Burana?)... are all eyecatchers that keep the audience looking till the message and the logo apears.

Critique: If the guy kicks the ball over the deamon, the ball comes down again to fast (Behind the deamon). It would be better to not show the ball in that shot. But that's not really worth talking about.

aydinu
08-27-2004, 09:41 AM
Wow simply amazing. Especially for that timeframe

Aydin

sgtsam
08-27-2004, 10:30 AM
Suck, I'm too late. Either the link is dead or all the bloodsucking CGtalk members just ate up all your bandwidth.

grafikdon
08-27-2004, 10:55 AM
The link is dead.

phoenix
08-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Cant see it ... link not working

CGFire
08-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Looks great!
But the link is dead!

Proteo
08-27-2004, 02:37 PM
The links work now :)

excelent!

Dr. Ira Kane
08-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Well done !

Lotus7
08-27-2004, 03:44 PM
waiting for the download.. the image looks awesome!! ooo cant wait to see it huhuhu

Z1K0B4
08-27-2004, 04:22 PM
Nice job! I bet you guys crunched hard on this, and must be pleased with the result. I bet the client is too!

I liked the subtle little funnies in there, like the window display manequins, did one of them turn into a Nazi soldier, and the other into Hitler? hahaha. The spread of evil, or maybe just my imagination.

Very nice compositing of the soccer player, was he entirely blue-screened?

To me the weak spot was the opening wide shot of the decomposition, which to me the masking wasn't convincing, maybe not enough logic and detail in the mask? But the cut to the next shot was quick enough to suspend the disbelief.

Well Done!

Ruadhraigh
08-27-2004, 05:03 PM
I can't believe that this is only getting 3 stars. No way is it merely average. I can only guess that people who couldn't get to see it voted it down for that reason. (The mirror still works, btw).

katon
08-27-2004, 06:25 PM
That was great. I love to see new soccer comercials, they are always so great. Anyways, awesome work, very exciting to watch. I would have to agree with the fact the ball does come down a little slow when it goes over the dragons head. But i dont know if I would have noticed with out someone already pointing it out. Peace

Katon

diegolm
08-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Thank you for your coments, my hosting is having problems with all the downloads, so thank you mpatton for your mirror.

Neil, we also think the same as you, but that was the idea of the ad agency, and we canīt chage it, we just were limiited to make the job...lol..

Z1K0B4, we didnīt use any bluescreen, everything was shoot at location without any bluescreen and then we use masks to isolate the player.

at http://exfera.biz/speedy you can download (sorry if you have problems downloading, I donīt have an alternate hosting for all the quicktimes) the AD before the Effects.

Diego.

santiago
08-28-2004, 03:01 AM
hola Diego, soy peruano, vivo en canada, me alegra mucho ver arte 3d del peru!
Good job! The strongest impression I got from this piece is that I was seeing someone else's dream.

As for critiques: The finish is not at the same level as the rest of the commercial, timing and live action shooting may be responsable for this. There's also some glitches in the lighting, at times Pizarro has a sharp angled shadow, at other times it's diffused and right below him, when the ball bounces off the wall it has a sharp shadow that seems to come in horizontally, which would be impossible in an environment full of tall buildings. Whether this is inconsistency in lighting the live shooting location or the lighting setup in a 3d scene, it can be improved. The good side is that it's very quick, so most people would only notice it if they replayed it several times and maybe even pausing to observe closer.

Congratulations!

BESTrin
08-28-2004, 03:04 AM
okay. Thanks for the mirror. Finally downloading. Anyway we can see the dirty and clean versions or sumthing. This looks realy kool.

j1414
08-28-2004, 12:52 PM
:thumbsup: Wow,Great work ......:buttrock:
really great!

BESTrin
08-28-2004, 04:45 PM
Thats realy good. Id love to see the only clean and only dirt versions. Realy nice compositing. Any chance of seeing this add in the US. Great job.

diegolm
08-28-2004, 11:52 PM
Sorry Ed for the "late answer" ...

We were a 4 person team, and the total time was more than 10 days, but we worked a lot more jobs, so the real time was aproximately 10 days.

Yes, there was a lot of fun making this job, but some other times we have to fight against the client, for some concepts.

Here in Perú the budget is very low and the timeframe is also very tight, thatīs why we canīt make only one job at a time.

Diego.

gerardo
09-17-2004, 10:38 AM
C'mon! this deserves more stars, mainly considering that it was made in only 10 days
Well done Diego! nice to see you here, man :thumbsup:

Gerardo

Juan Roesel
10-02-2004, 12:12 AM
Really nice work man, compositing is great, I like the visual composition a lot, maybe some shots could've been worked out a bit more but for 4 weeks thats just awesome. Keep it up!

armocelu
12-09-2004, 07:58 PM
I'm so impressed by the aging effect that i will forget the poor work in the monster. :hmm:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.