PDA

View Full Version : command line render

twilighten
08-26-2004, 12:30 PM
Hi,

Has any body tried a successful command line render. I have a issue with my command line rendering. It says "Please ensure that the output file is existing.

Brgds,

Twilighten

seb4d
08-26-2004, 12:34 PM
No problem for me.
Be sure that Render Global is as you want, that cameras are renderable.
Then in command line type "render " and drag&drop your scene from the Windows Explorer to the command line so that you don't have to enter manually the full path.

mrgoodbyte
08-26-2004, 02:59 PM
I always render from the command line. Just make sure the command you're using is in fact proper so a space before the flag which starts with a "-". Also make sure the last parameter is the existing file. It does not have a flag.
Also you may have set for Maya to read a shadow map or photon map from disk instead of calculating these. Those may not exists (yet) on disk so Maya complains.

-Ronald

MikeRhone
08-28-2004, 04:46 AM
If you right-click on a .mb or a .ma, it will open the file VIA a command prompt, the exact same as typing out the whole render command.

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.