PDA

View Full Version : Test hand

Whirlwind
02-03-2002, 08:30 AM
Here's a untextured version of a hand used in a school project I'm currently working on. Its really the only visible part of the character. The rest is buried in a black robe which is currently being done by my partner, as well as the mask it'll wear.
http://alshaheen.net/artists/whirlwind/handpost.jpg

Rabid pitbull
02-03-2002, 08:45 AM
that is death's hand for sure! You may consider making the hand more boney to match the very gaunt arm. His hand looks too healthy for that arm, also his thumb looks a little off.

Great start though definetly convincing!

ErickG
02-03-2002, 12:10 PM
Great model! I agree. The base of the hand has too much beef. It would sink into itself and you would see some very defined tendons with deep grooves around them. Take a look at an 80 year old hand. Otherwise great work.

-Erick

Koma
02-03-2002, 09:55 PM
cool hand but the thumbs is definetly off.
great start

Matt_Forcum
02-04-2002, 12:17 AM
hey keep the fleshy part at the base. it looks like thats where it is all pooling. i would also lengthing the fingers. make them real spindely. looking real good though. stick it on your reel when your done.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.