PDA

View Full Version : Camera shake in Softimage XSI?

marque-pierre
08-26-2004, 03:23 AM
How do I animate a camera shake (think earth quake) in XSI? Preferably not just XY movements but also Z (sharp, blurred, sharp, blurred focus etc.).

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

3DDave
08-26-2004, 03:44 AM
Every time you see the small rounded square next to a setting, you can right click and set an animated property (expression, animation editor, ect).

Go to the camera properties and explore a little. I am new to XSI as well but I think that will get you to the right place.

francescaluce
08-26-2004, 07:30 PM
if you move a camera in Z you get not the (sharp, blurred, sharp, blurred focus etc.).. until you attach a dof shader to that camera... then you'll realize that's probably better do it in post.:)

ciao
francesca

marque-pierre
08-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Grazie tante. But I will not be doing any post work on it. Only piecing it together in Adobe Premiere. Anything else is a little out of my league, and the brief of the assignment. It is only our first assignment in XSI class.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.