PDA

View Full Version : Walking

guitarhero14
08-25-2004, 11:05 PM
Sorry for erasing what was on this post earlier. I just wasnt happy with the results and i had second thoughts of posting it. Well here is what i have so far. I just bought the book THE ANIMATORS SURVIVAL KIT and i love it.

http://www.guitarhero14.150m.com/Shorter%20Stride.avi Right Click - Save As

Thanx!

Demilliac
08-26-2004, 07:52 AM
ok, nice start. But you have forgot most of the rotation of the hip and spline. It's one of the most important thing for me. Good luck, go on !

Totoro
08-26-2004, 12:11 PM
I think you should lift the feet a bit more coz it looks like he's sliding right now. And maybe exaggerate the ups and downs a bit. Your character walks a bit stiff because his hips don't move, try to move the shoulders a bit too.

guitarhero14
08-26-2004, 04:51 PM
funny thing is that the hips and shoulders do rotate, but i guess it wasnt enough.:shrug:

thanx for the replies! Its very helpful.

Here is an update...

http://www.guitarhero14.150m.com/Rotation.avi

oshiroii
08-29-2004, 01:57 PM
You're getting there, you blocked it out. Now you need to do a lot of more work, get in detail. Here are a few suggestions.

Stop the charcter from moving into z. Let him walk but make him stay at one point. Just like he's walking on a exercise thing (don't know the word) Next make sure frame 1 and frame 33 (or whatever frame is your end-frame) are the same. When you loop the movie, you get a cycle, the character walks, but stays on the same spot and it loops :thumbsup: When you play the movie in a loop it's much easier to check for mistakes. You can make him walk into z later on.

When he's in a passing position let one leg be totally stretched. So when he's moving his right leg up and he's shifting his weight to the front, make sure he pushes himself up with the left leg. Now you've got a "high-position" This means you can lift the right leg even more.

You're contact positions should be way more extreem. Now the left leg is stretched, but the right leg is bend. NEV0R!! Both legs should be stretched, exagerate the left leg even more and you should let it be bend a little bit, it is lifting so.... Check out your book for examples. (page 142 for example)

Lift the legs more, he's sliding now, not walking.

Check the arcs! He's super super super super SUPER robotic at the moment.

Give his arms more energy. They don't have to be bend all the time you now. When he's waving back with his arms, you could let the arm stretch out more and when he pulls his arm up, bend the arm. This would probably fix the rotation errors too.

Work with the hands, they're dead right now.

You could off-set keys, but only do this when it's for 100% finished

ease-in and ease-out.

Let the weigth be centered above his feet. Ath the high position of the right leg, he's definitally gonna thumble over.

The head doesn't move at the moment.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:
-shiroii

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.